Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else play an instrument?

Default Anyone else play an instrument?

I am so excited - courtesy of my lovely mother for my birthday I'm *finally* starting my very first flute lessons tomorrow!

I've wanted to play the flute ever since I was about 10 or 11 and learning the piano, on a very old, very badly out of tune upright piano. Always regretted giving it up, but now some nearly 20 years later I'm finally doing it!

So I'm wondering - does anyone else play a musical instrument here, and if so, what?

guitar. self taught so it's not hugely flash.
    i always wanted to play violin. dh got me one for my 21st... needa find a teacher ><;

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

I used to play flute, I had lessons from year 7 till end of year 11.

Was fun but I was not committed enough, which is why I Gave up but music camps and band etc was lots of fun. Not that as an adult you will go to music camp LOL

Both my brothers are more musical 1st brother is a music teacher (saxaphones. clarinet mainly) 2nd Brother plays drums and is amazing classical singer. They both did year 12 music and did well.

Have fun and good luck

Flute I started playing when I was 7 years old so I have been playing for 23 years ... now I feel old.

I also play a little bit of piano. I don't play piano for other people though just for myself and sometimes for my kids. They love it.

I bought myself a clarinet a few years ago and have taught myself how to play that as well. But I am not very good.

Both DH and I play instruments - he play guitar, trumpet and the trombone. He also played the organ growing up but we don't own an organ so he plays a little bit of piano as well.

We figure our kids will have to choose between those instruments if they want to play anything when they get older. We have enough for a small band considering I own two flutes and he owns two trumpets as that is our main instrument each. We also have 2 accoustic guitars, one electric guitar, a trombone, a piccalo trombone, a piano and a clarinet

Have fun learning the flute. It has always brought me a lot of pleasure being able to play and I find music a great stress relief.

Wow, Just Me that's a lot!

I've started my DD on guitar lessons just this year as I got her a fairly basic acoustic guitar for Christmas - so far she's enjoying it and I hope she continues with it

Good luck with your flute lessons!

I used to learn piano in high school. I'm not very good at it, but I love to play on our keyboard every now and then. I used to take singing lessons (not really an instrument LOL) and sang a lot in church, etc. over the years. My DS1 started guitar lessons yesterday and we have hired a guitar for him through the school. I have wanted to learn guitar for years so I've decided to learn along with DS while he practices at home, I can't wait!

I use to play the violin but haven't got back into it, it's one of those things that if you stop you lose it.
    I also play trumpet and a little bit of piano. I have recently bought a guitar and want to teach myself how to play so I can do songs with the kids but haven't got around to it yet. It also doesn't help that I can't read music; I've always played by ear.

I used to play Saxaphone but sold it so I havent played in a while! Now I play drums. My dad is a drummer and we have just bought DD her forst set of drums too!

kirsty_lee Guest

Guitar here, since I was a teenager. DP plays too..atm bass in a band with one of his best mates. We have a nice guitar collection going. He bought me a gorgeous guitar for my birthday last year.

We had a recorder band in primary school, and I learned all of those - descant, treble, bass and tenor. I've also learned clarinet and slide trombone, have taught myself piano and am currently trying to learn tenor sax

I can play the theme song for Star Wars on the recorder using my nose

I play the flute and French horn also taught myself to play my older sisters clarinet and my younger sisters saxaphone but they were far from impressed so never let me use them again. And I can play a little bit of the piano.

Another flute player here. I started when I was about 12 I think...It was the cool thing to do...be in the BAND in school. I wasn't committed enough though. I also had so much trouble with allergies...blocked up nose, I kind of found it a bit difficult. Still loved it though.

I now have DS learning the drums!

Clarinet and guitar here.

Clarinet since 1996, and was in 'the band' AND i went to BAND CAMMP - I kid you not!

And guitar since 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by Indadhanu View Post
    Clarinet and guitar here.

Clarinet since 1996, and was in 'the band' AND i went to BAND CAMMP - I kid you not!

And guitar since 2002.
    I went on band camp too LOL

i have learnt and played heaps of different things.

all the recorders...
    piano from age 8-18. nearly went to uni to study this
    violin
    cello
    clarinet
    bass guitar.
    guitar.

i can pretty much play most instruments i pick up. i love music.

Piano here and another who was going to go study at the conservatorium of music but had DD instead. I must admit I didn't enjoy playing at all but I was made to play by my mother. My DD has been playing piano for 6months. I didn't want her to play but she nagged me so much eventually I gave in. I think she only wanted to play because I do.

Violin but haven't picked it up in months I want to - just lack the time!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast