Thread: Corn on the cob?

Default Corn on the cob?

I've done a roast in the slow cooker - thanks Trav! - and I've got some sweetcorn in the fridge, still all wrapped up in its leaves. I've nuded it up, and now I wanna roast it so its a bit brown, and all buttery and salty. How do I achieve that? Just stick it in the oven for a while, or fry it on the stove? I don't have a grill

I either BBQ mine or steam it. The buttery, salty is achieved by applying butter and salt after cooking.

I do mine in the mocrowave - 35 seconds and then see how they are - Mmmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    I either BBQ mine or steam it. The buttery, salty is achieved by applying butter and salt after cooking.

I steam mine...boring I know! Then slather in butter, and season. I reckon on a griddle would be nice, or roasted

we butter them up, wrap in foil, and chuck in the oven for same amount of time a the other vegies - YUM! kinda steams them, but because it's a different heat you get a bit of browning too

before E, we would add some seasoned salt (spicy stuff) but we don't anymore

Thanks BG! Now have a couple of cobs of corn wrapped in foil with butter in the oven along with the salmon! I can't wait!!! YUMMMMMM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Thanks BG! Now have a couple of cobs of corn wrapped in foil with butter in the oven along with the salmon! I can't wait!!! YUMMMMMM!!!
    yay!!

we do the same on the bbq too - droooooool

If you keep the covering on the corn, you can steam them in the microwave. In our microwave, it takes 3 mins. Then peel them off and season. yummy

i love it on the bbq too.

Pull the leaves back, pull out the silk, rub it with butter and shake on some chilli. Then put the leaves back and pop it on the bbq - yummo!