Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Porridge. Yay or Neigh?

Default Porridge. Yay or Neigh?

Mmmmm Porridge. I love porridge in winter. I usually have it with just a bit of golden syrup and some milk. DH likes his with sultanas and banana.
    How do you have yours?
    Or do you think it's horse food and unfit for human consumption?

Porridge is braw, I aye hae it on a winters morn

ahem what I mean to say is, I ate it a lot in Scotland when it was cold. Sorry the thought of it regressed me a little Yum. I love it with honey and sultanas.

GROSS ! nuff said.

We are porridge lovers here. I like mine with cream, brown sugar and sultanas. Nate has his (grossly) plain. Darc has hers a bit on the middle and DH thinks it's horse food, though with his cholesterol just have been received as an 8 (!) he might need to be force fed some porridge I think....

PS is this in Fruits and Vege forums cos of the tanies???

yummy love it my steamer makes them yummy

Yay - here, DD and I have probably every other day - summer and winter. Just with sultanas and milk (DD won't eat breakfast without 'tanas').

I prefer just the rolled oats type (cheap woolworths home brand) to the quick oats (same but seem to be have been shredded a bit)

In the past have had porridge with a spoon of horlicks in the milk - but these days seems a bit sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrolady View Post
    GROSS ! nuff said.
    My DH thinks the same. He reckons he'd be blocked up for a month if he ate a bowl of it. For the rest of us it's a winter staple. We have ours with honey and cooked in milk.

Eat porridge here. Like it cooked with a touch of salt, then served with milk and either honey, golden syrup or brown sugar. Not a fan of fruit being in it.

DD and I are big fans!!

Just like WYSIWYG, it has to be proper rolled oats (generic Woolworths brand). Made with water and nice and thick!!

Brown sugar and milk for us

Every winter I think porridge will be great, and every time I eat it I hate it - I think its the texture! Its that gooey snot-like thing (sorry!!) that I cant handle in my mouth! The taste is ok though lol
    My girls LOVE it - sometimes with blueberries, sometimes with honey & banana, or yoghurt

I came in here just to draw horse comparisons with the thread title, Onyx. Glad to see you beat me to it!

I'm a porridge lover. When I was younger my mother would serve it in the winter on big dinner plates with loads of sugar in, so it was over-sweet and cooled quickly. I have yet to understand the point! I like a big hot bowlful now with very little sugar.

DS has it most mornings, no matter what the weather. He usually has hot porridge (no sugar) followed by "cold porridge" (ie oats and milk, no cooking), then maybe weetabix and/or toast, then off to Nursery for second breakfast.

LOVE IT!

I always count down to our first frost as it's when we start eating it! I know there's nothing stopping us eating it beforehand, but you know these silly things we do sometimes!

I'll have it with anything- honey, banana, dates, cinnamon, tanas, stewed apple or pears, (how DS has his!) or just with brown sugar and milk. It has to be runny though!!! And once it's cold, it's done for

Love the stuff, winter or summer and all seasons in between! Me with 50/50 mix of water and milk and sultanas and DS1 with milk and honey. It is the the ONLY food DS1 is guaranteed to eat in full.

Love it!

I like it thick and make it with milk, no water. I have raw sugar or honey on it.

Gross!! Ewww...!!!

If horses eat it - I don't. Same goes for hay, grass (including things that look like grass, ie alfalfa), and anything else horses eat.

Big fans here. Weather doesn't matter..

I love it for daycare when the kids have to go early as I can cook it the night before.

yay!!

DD has milk with hers but otherwise plain and i havemilk and a little sugar on top

Love it! pinch of salt bit of brown sugar, made with milk not water so it is rich and creamy. I used to have a timer switch on the slow cooker and have it in there with chopped up pears. It would turn itself on at about 4 or 5 am and be just right by brekky time!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast