Thread: [Jewellery people] I need some help choosing gemstone beads :)

Default [Jewellery people] I need some help choosing gemstone beads :)

I am going to be buying a bulk lot of gemstone beads and pendants etc (around 300-500 strands/items) with my tax return to feed my bead addiction, as well as for other things

Anyway, I have started a list and know that I will be getting rose quartz, baltic amber, a really gorgeous dark blue natural lapis lazuli, turquoise and Amethyst, but I can't decide what else I should get and add to my list

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Are you making them for a specific thing ie pregnancy , child birth etc .... or just making them with no specific target market?

Here is the list I have for pregnancy and childbirth ... some of these I have not been able to find as beads but the good majority I have through ebay. I have a thread here somewhere that tells you what crystals are good for what specific thing, PM me if you would like the link.

Nae x

Moonstone, Rose Quartz, Unakite, Pyrite, Fluorite, Howlite, Rhodonite, Black Tourmaline ebay, Amethyst, , Nephrite Jade ebay, Amazonite, Azurite Basalt, Chrysocolla, Diopside, Hematite, , Turquoise, Peridot, Jaspers, Lepidolite, Boulder opal, Mangano Calcite, Kunzite, Aragonite, Barite, Calcite, Chalcedony, Crocoite, Rhodochrosite, Sagenite, Botryogen, Dyscrasite, Microcline, Danburite

Thanks Nae, I make things as my mojo allows me, but I am addicted to buying new ones (my current gemstone selection is still rather small only taking up 4 storage containers) and I have small customer base that buy my excess bead strands that I don't need any more or exchange them with me for new things (mostly sterling silver goodies), I have a bulk supplier who stocks a lot of the ones you've mentioned and I've bought quite a few of them before, but I'll add them to my list anyway, I can always go back and add more things or remove things as I go if I get interest in pieces made from them lol

I'm a bit eclectic in what I make, but the past year I've started getting into Swarovski Crystals and Gemstones and using Sterling Silver Findings, and I make a lot of things on request so I have to follow the recipients needs with those pieces.

I will PM you shortly for the link, it will be helpful in a project I'm working on at the moment for a memorial necklace for a friend who lost her baby (my current types I was planning on using for it are rose quartz, hematite and mixed agate's).

Thanks heaps hun

One of my all time favourites is Smoky Quartz, I use it a lot in my work! So jealous 300-500 strands... thats awesome

thanks hun, another one to add to the list I have 8 small smokey quartz faceted pear briolette's sitting in one of my many boxes and haven't been game enough to use them yet because they cost quite a bit

I made a deal with hubby lol - if I paid for half the cost of the replacement of the side fence then I get to spend the same amount on gemstone beads lol I'm luck I've found such a good supplier, they offer up to 40% off if you buy more than 195 strands/items So I'd save over $100 in the end lol