thread: Do you know of an alternative to the Stokke Table Top?

BellyBelly Member

Jun 2010
    Sydney

Do you know of an alternative to the Stokke Table Top?

We have a Danish By Design (Leander) High Chair, and we need a place mat protector for the table, I know that Stokke have one but it's over $100 - does anyone know of a similar type product easy to buy that's cheaper?

Thanks

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Nov 2008
    Melbourne

I know. Well I don't actually know, but I completely understand your reluctance to spend a $100 on a branded piece of plastic. I spent weeks and weeks searching baby stores and online stores for a good alternative, but never found one. In the end I bought the Stokke one (didn't tell DH the price though) and haven't looked back.

It really is a fantastic product and when you consider how much use you get out of it the $100 doesn't hurt quite that much. It's the only one that has the raised edges which are a godsend when they spill their drink, it's really easy to wipe down and good quality. My 8 year old neice still sits at the dining table on her Stokke chair, so I figure that in our case we are going to get many, many more years of use out of it so it is worth it. I'm actually even planning on buying a second one when it's time to start this bub on solids.

BellyBelly Member

Jun 2010
    Sydney

Thanks Miss E, I went and bought the Stokke one, I know we will get plenty of use out of it so it is what it is... In the end i got it from Baby Kingdom for $89

The Leander chair is the same as the Stokke in that it will grow with the Child therefore I know that $$ spent on it will be worth it in the long term.

Thanks again