Thread: Soundtrack for your relationship with your DS/ DD/ DSS/ DSD??

Default Soundtrack for your relationship with your DS/ DD/ DSS/ DSD??

Hi there...
    new member here..

I was listening to the radio and i was wondering.. if you had a song to put as a soundtrack to your relationship between you and your DS/ DD/ DSS/ DSD, what would it be??

My DS isnt born yet (due 2nd May) but i just love the song "Dont want to miss a thing" by Aerosmith as i could imagine not wanting to leave his side as he's growing up and not wanting to miss the 'First' and funny moments..
    *Reminds me, ive gotta go shopping for a memories book for him..

Shinedown 'Second Chance' and Live 'Heaven'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - even though I should be cleaning or sleeping

DS - There's so many songs... "Smallest Wingless", "Baby Mine", and "Beautiful in My Eyes" were all played at his funeral, so they're top of the list. "Small Bump" is another that just breaks my heart. Pretty much any "I love you, I miss you" song that isn't explicitly about a breakup!

DD - Even more songs! I sing "Baby Mine" and "Beautiful in my eyes" to her as well. I think they're lovely songs, and it helps me keep a connection to her brother too. Like you said, "Don't wanna miss a thing" is great (and oh so true)... "Isn't she Lovely". The chorus and some of the verse of "Just the way you are". "F***in' Perfect" (the clean version) by Pink... "You are so beautiful" made me cry when she was a few hours old and I was having my first alone time with her And finally, because I can't remember any more off the top of my head, "Born This Way" - because I'll always accept her no matter what

'Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You'
    I sang this to my DS2 after he was born.

*You are my sunshine* ... this has been the song I have sung to both my daughters ....

You make me smile by uncle cracker

Me and DH is goreki by lamb. the lyrics are exactly how i feel for him and how i have always felt i have been searching for something more in my life and things never quite clicked until i met him and then everything fit and he filled that empty hole.

For Spock i sing 'song for ten' by murry gold (dr who song) for my bub everyday. started out as just a happy hopeful song i love ( atleast the tune is) but i soon realised that the message i was sending Spock was one of love and support through out all Spocks life and choices and as he/her mum i will always be there to catch him/her or give that little push or whatever is needed.

Sent via my vortex manipulator!

Mrs brown you've got a lovely daughter always reminds me of my girls.

In my daughter's eyes - Martina McBride, I hope you dance - Lee Ann Womack and You are my sunshine by any of the hundreds who have recorded it!

You & me , Frances England

For my DD its Never Grow Up by Taylor Swift.

I heard the song when she was only a month old, i was feeding her and was thinking that i never want her to grow up, i never want her to get hurt. And to this day i protect her and keep telling her to stop growing but she doesn't listen!!

Halo bu Beyonce for ds1. I used to play it to him. ds2 its away in a manger. sing it every night

Dp - shining Star by even
    Dd1 - at first sight - the stems
    Dd2 - like wow wipeout by hoodoo gurus

Savage Garden's "I knew I loved you" - I always think of him right away when I hear it :-)

DS - Halo by Beyonce

DH - Praise you by Fatboy slim or Sweet Dreams - Beyonce.

DD1 - Party Started by Pink. We could actually hear DD crying before she was even out of me (forceps) and she hasn't shut up since. So we tell her that she came out saying "here I am, where's the party?" Hence why the song reminds me of her.

DD2 - I made a collection to be played during my planned ceasar and chose for her to come out during The Best Is Yet To Come by Diana Krall and Tony Bennett, closely followed by Dream Baby by Roy Orbison.

for DH `"All for you" by goodnight nurse.. it just fits us..

for DD`Mockingbird.. i even bust out and do the same part that was sung in dumb and dumber!
    theres so many more, but this is my favourite because everytime i sing it to her, she stops everything and just watches me, and when she was little it would always make her smile
    Last edited by Stevie; February 25th, 2012 at 01:11 PM.