Thread: Emotional Effect of Dreams

Default Emotional Effect of Dreams

Do you find yourself emotionally affected by your dreams? How much?

I tend to be pretty affected by mine. They're probably nothing more or less weird than anyone elses, I think I'm just an overly emotional person. For example, I had a dream last night about adopting a baby last night from Quinn FeBray from Glee, Puck was there etc. I know, sounds strange. Anyhoo, I was so weepy when I woke up that I haven't managed to leave the house today.

It's not just the baby ones either, it's all dreams. A good dream will give me a boost for days. A funny one will have me spontaneously laughing for a week. Is everyone else like that?

I often have a strong emotional response to dreams. Infact I would say majority of my dreams do it. and its odd, any dream with my mum in it, I am always angry and frustrated because of her actions in my dream (even though it is nothing like her irl), but a dream with my mum I know I will be in a really foul unloved, unapprieated, unlistened to or unrespected mood for the whole day just because of the dream.

I don't usually get affected by my dreams but I did get really grumpy with DH one day when I had a dream that he was being a ****er.

me too Keike, I wake up sometimes feeling so sad, or scared, or miserable..... usually it's the sad and yucky ones that have the most emotional power over me.... but sometimes I wake up smiling to good dreams... then I realise that it's not true, and feel sad anyway!!!

I once dreamt that DH cheated on me and I woke really mad and upset at him, it actually took me a while to get over it. Another time I dreamt that an old guy farted on a bus and it was hilarious lol. I woke up DH by giggling in my sleep, but I still thought it was funny and couldn't get back to sleep.

DH has done it too, he dreamt we were getting in a fight with a huge guy so I put DD in the car to be safe. But the car didn't have any doors, and the guy kidnapped her. DH was really upset by that for quite a while.

Sent from my GT-P7510

I do too. Like myturn, it's usually the upsetting ones that affect me the most.

I'm usually an overly-emotional person, even moreso now which I'm sure doesn't help. Though it has been a while since I slept well enough to remember my dreams or be affected by them!

I have dreams (often about work collegues) where they are very unkind to me and I wake up sobbing (don't know what that says about me). I had a vivid dream that my dad died once and I had to go and see him and hug him, it was awful and I felt very emotional for quite a while after that.
    I'vehad giving birth ones and breastfeeding ones which are bitter sweet.
    Then I have silly ones where I am on a toilet in public alot and trying to work out how to pull up my pants so no one sees anything! And ones where I am topless!

Upsetting dreams effect me a lot. I had an upsetting dream last night and felt sad for quite a while this morning and whenever I thought about it later in the day.

Very very much so!
    I had a particularly bad dream the other month that left me getting teary on and off for days...