thread: Chucky kids and starting solids

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2007
    Middle Victoria

Chucky kids and starting solids

What do chucky kids when they start solids? do these get chucked up too? this could get messy.

2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.
    Add Sunny Love on Facebook

Apr 2009
    In a place where Love is what we breathe!

My DS had reflux too, and he transitioned to solids really well and with no mess. He nearly ate me out of my home to be honest!

BellyBelly Member

Aug 2007
    Country NSW

DS1 was a chucky baby and unfortunately starting solids didn't change this. You just get to clean up multicoloured spews instead ;-). He grew out of it at about 10 months though and started eating and sleeping better.

Jul 2009
    Out North, Vic

DD1 was a chucky baby but solids seemed to sit.
    I made sure though that i gave atleast 30min between BFing and solids (normally an hour if she stayed awake that long).
    She generally woke, had a feed, play, solids, bit of a play then a bit of a rest (for food to settle) and then she would normally nap.

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Oct 2008
    Victoria

Buster is very chucky and still is after starting solids. I find he keeps the food down (we're doing BLS, not sure if it makes a difference or not with it) but still throws up his milk as much as he always has!

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2007
    Middle Victoria

(normally an hour if she stayed awake that long).
    don't have to worry about that. this is my kids i'm talking about.

Oh no, Esme i was hoping noone would say that!

edit
    Planning to do BLS here too.

Jul 2009
    Out North, Vic

atleast if it does sit well with him you know his food has enough time to settle

Apr 2008
    Melbourne

My chucky baby was fine with solids - it settled her tummy down a lot!

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2008
    In a Nice Safe Space

Same as Hestia - DS was chucky but solids stayed down well. Still now he occasionally chucks up a milk drink or if he drinks too much water.