Thread: Stuffed capsicum recipe??

Default Stuffed capsicum recipe??

Hi Ladies, just wondering if anyone has a recipe for stuffed capsicums?

I'll be using beef mince.

Thanks!

Hello, I just cook up like a bolognaise sauce (no particular quantities, do it however you like - mince, onions, garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste, salt and pepper) - but I use cinnamon (as a spice and lots of it) to flavour it. Make sure it is pretty liquid with extra tomatoes etc. I then stir in half a cup of uncooked rice, let it simmer for a couple of minutes, then stuff the capsicums with it. The rice cooks as it bakes in the oven. Then into the oven, with some chicken stock around the outside of the capsicums (so they don't get dry) and the secret is you have to keep cooking it until the capsicum is really really soft and you can practically pull the skin away with your fingers - longer than you'd think.

This is a middle eastern way of doing it and I don't know any other way. We serve them with crusty bread and a nice fetta cheese crumbled over the top. Make extra cos the fellas will want to eat more than one!

kerry Guest

My recipie is pretty similar to that... but I also add about a good handful of fresh toasted pine nuts to the meat sauce.

I have also used lamb mince, with spinach and moroccan herbs and tomato based sauce.

Does anyone have a vegetarian recipe for stuffed capsicums??

Dee I reckon you could do a similar thing by making a nice rich ratatouille (with whatever veggies you like) and stuff the capsicums with a layer of couscous (with a bit of feta and semi dried tomatoes, pinenuts, yummy bits, etc) and then the ratatouile on top!