thread: Tubal Ligation Operation

Jun 2006
    Central Coast

Question Tubal Ligation Operation

After a year of being on the waiting list I'll be getting my tubes tied next month as I cant bear the thought of going through another miscarriage and was wondering if anyone could please let me know of your experiences after you've had your operation as I'm getting a bit nervous.

Did you have to get tests done before hand and if so what were they? any advice would be much appreciated.

Jun 2007
    Chudleigh, Tasmania

Smile

Hi Princess,
    Im so sorry that you have had to go through all that you have.
    I had my tubes tied in 2003 and from memory there were no tests done prior to the op. I assume it will be a key hole procedure, just take it easy post op because you can expect to be a bit sore. I think it was about 2 to 3 months before I was back to normal.

I dont intend to sway your decision because I was not in your position but feel I have to let you know. I had a reversal last year as I would like another baby, I just felt there was something missing and not only a baby but the simple fact that I no longer had a choice. Unfortunately both tubes are now blocked so I guess this was just the way it was meant to be.

I cant imagine what you have been through and I hope your choice gives you the peace of mind you are searching for.

Jun 2006
    Central Coast

thank you so much for replying onemore and for your kind words. I hope that some how you will have another baby *hugs*. DH and I have to decided to foster a child and have started the application process, they desperately need carers in our area.

They said it will be keyhole procedure and I'll get three tiny scars around my belly button (should blend in with the faded stretch marks so I'm not too worried about scars)

thanks again for your advice, much appreciated!

Jan 2007

i had my tubes clamped during my last c-section. There were no tests just sign here here and here. Did have a bit more pain this time during recovery mainly sharp pain each side every now and then. Nothing to get to upset about though. I was doing way too much though after my op so thats probably why i experienced sooooo much pain.

Jun 2006
    Central Coast

I too couldnt just let everything go (didnt want anyone to think I was going to use my c section as an excuse not to go and do household chores).

Thankfully the hospital called at the last minute and just asked me questions over the phone. I've been in there over ten times so all they have to do is read my file and see I have no allergies, dont take medications, the only major thing is the miscarriages.

It felt strange when she asked me when was the last time I was pregnant and I said a year ago, this year is the first time that I havent been pregnant ( in the last six years I've been pregnant every year, sometimes twice in the same year) so I'm more than ready to get this operation done.

thanks for your reply little sprocket!