Thread: Pea Pods doing my head in..grrrrr!

Thumbs down Pea Pods doing my head in..grrrrr!

Man i thought Pea Pods were good cos everyone raved about them, so when Michelle had some for sale i snapped up the chance.

So far they are doing my head in

Am i doing something wrong:

When the insert is in its flat...put it on Chelsea and it looks right...by 2-3 hours max i have no choice but to change nappy and most times clothes cos the nappy has leaked at the front and around the legs.

Then i look at the nappy and the insert seems to have bunched in the middle....

Is there a secret to making them stay flat?

Each leaking nappy has been normal inserts not bamboo...i only have one of them and Chelsea is wearing it ATM so im hoping it dont leak as well.

All my other nappy brands can go minimum 4-5 hours and not a single leak....Green Kids pocket never leaks even and i put that insert in the same way as the Pea Pods.

I always had to change Eleanor after a couple of hours as she would always leak and i would have to change everything. Not sure why it's bunching up in the middle.

The one thing i did do now and again was the hot wash with no powder in and then a hot wash with half powder then a cold rinse. Air dry them and then they would be okay. It all depends on how much powder you use with the peapods i found it was best not to use much at all as i think they seem to hold the powder more.

hmmm, I haven't had any bunching problems but I do find that I only get about 3 hours out of one & thats with a micrfibre booster in the middle of the hemp trifold. But I still like them.

I only use 1/4 cap of Amolin detergent... so not much at all.

But if u had the same problem (with the leaking) maybe its a common thing that no one ever mentions?? LOL

I haven't really had a bunching problem with them. The longest Caleb can wear any nappy really is 2 hours except for BBB's.

Kim they never worked for us either,same problems also wing droop, i had a red one and it leaked on us as well, but others swear by them, maz loves them

I haven't had any problems with my pea pod, I use the bamboo booster & thats all... but I haven't noticed how long its one for. She's even had a nap with one in with no leaks. Dunno why it works for us, but its only been on her 3 times so far.. may get worse with wear??

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

I get compression leaks after a few hours but they seem fine on both my boys most of the time. I love them

i havent had a problem with my Pea Pods, Archie wears them during the day and for his day sleep and he gets about 3 hours out of a nappy, i have had a few little leaks when he sleeps in them or is in the stroller or carseat for an extended period, i have a red one that i can only leave on for 2 hours as it leaks as well, must have been a bad red batch or something.

I have no idea whats up with the bunching in the middle....i have never had that problem, do you use the Pea Pods tri fold hemp or bamboo insert....sorry im not much help.

I ws having a few problems with mine but I just add an extra booster which seems to stop them bunching up so much. I dont put Tori down for a sleep in them tough because I have found they dont last long as some of my of my other ones, and she ca nap for up to 4 hours during the day.

Mine leak a bit, and bunch up, but I think they are a bit too big for DS. I have also heard that the red ones are notorious for leaking, not sure why. I use them all the time at home tho, the trouble I'm having at the moment, is that DS likes to sleep on his tummy, so is leaking out the front. I might try adding the booster during the day, and if that works for me I will get some more boosters

if you change after each wee leaking shouldn't be a problem really, unless it is leaking around the legs. if this is happening, the insert may need more washes as it may be repellign the wee, not absorbing it.

for sleeps, they may not be the best nappy. I find most AIO's and pockets are unsuitable for naps if you think they're going to wee as they often only have absorbency in the middle soaker, not near the wings - especially bad for girls as the wee tends to run up the back and soak through near the wings just wide of the soaker pad. this is an annoying trend in nappies - even in some fitteds. I prefer terries for naps for this reason.

Mine are bamboo and I change all of my cloth every 90 mins - 2 hours anyway, I can't stand DS being wet, and never had a leak. My friend who uses them though has both the hemp and bamboo and has a 13 month old - she HATES them and says they leak all the time. When I was talking to her the other day, she had her daughter in the red one and sitting on her hip and it leaked all over her in front of my eyes.

I only use Pea pods as my backup, I find them too bulky as I use both the microfibre insert as well as the bamboo booster. Alot of people have problems with them, but it's forgivable in a way because they are quite a lot cheaper. I get them for $17.95 from my local chemist.