Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best pocket nappy?

Default Best pocket nappy?

I've got a couple of Greenkids pockets & have found that DS leaks out the legs (he is 7kg - so I don't think it's because he is too little). I use the bamboo insert by itself (I guess I could use the microfibre as well - but that would be pretty bulky) - but mayeb that is the problem? He is a pretty heavy wetter.

I want to stock up on pockets for winter (because the BBH take too long to dry - I'm struggling to get them dry in time at the moment, because of all the rain).

Would a different pocket nappy fit better? What is your favourite pocket nappy?

How do the pocket change nappies compare (they are a lot cheaper!). I've heard that Greenkids last a long time - what about Pocket Change?
    Last edited by Ezz; February 22nd, 2008 at 01:03 PM.

I'm loving my bumgenious, my happy heiny and other PUL pockets.

Although in the wet I'm finding my terry flats with PUL covers just brilliant for at home.

Kazbah - I sometimes use terry flats for DS's awake time (1 - 1.5 hours) & they are completely soaked - I'm not game enough to try them for his sleeps!! Even the BBH bamboos with the long booster are soaked after a sleep!

Oh Pockets are my fav! I have lots of differnt ones I like for differnt reasons

Sized (ie small, med, large)
    Swaddlebees are a hands down for my, organic cotton velour - yum, so trim yet you can stuff them with microfibre and hemp - and they come in side snap or hook and loop - downside, only swaddlebees inserts fit through the narrow crotch

One size fits all
    Swaddlebees one size is devine with it velour and we love snaps at our house because DD undoes velcro. I like that I can use the inserts on top of the pocket if I'm being lazy and just change the inserts (however they do bunch a bit if you do this as they aren't snapped in)

Baby kanga - has a nice high rise and good for chubby thighed bubba, again loving the snaps

Haute - nice and trim, choice of snaps or velcro and now they have the traditioanl PUL again (although I liked the breathable up here in Townsville)

Bumwear - I like the fact that these are a one size but without the external snaps, they work just like your BBH/BBB with the extra fabric through the crotch with a fold down pannel which means they aren't as trim in the early days but it also means no snaps rubbing on DD thighs now she is on the large setting and the microfleece is lovely and soft.

Happy Heiny - I know lots of people that swear by these but they don't suit DD body type so not one of my favs but I have to admit the microfleece is supersoft and the velcro holds on really well.

Bum G - just got the V3 in and they look good but haven't tried them out yet, nice and trim but found the hook and loop just didn't cut it (apparently fixed in the new version) and heard lots of bad stories about elastic. Love the fact that they now come with two inserts - the newborn insert is super super trim.

Hope that is some help, there are still heaps of great pockets that we haven't tried but lots of other ladies have.

My fave are bumgenius. Great fit and no leaks. Second fave for us are green kids- they are bulkier so we just use them as a night nappy... they've only leaked once when we didn't have the front folded down for the newborn fit.

BumG
    Happy Heiny
    Green Kids

They the 3 i love and suit both DD's

Love the Bum Gs.
    She just got a hand-me-down Pea Pod from her cousin that I like the fit of too.

I love the pocket change nappies!!

I also love the side snapping blueberries.

I loke blueberrys best, then bumG, then swaddlebees

ETA- loke is like like only different!!!

I've tried peapods, baby kangas and BumGs.

BumGs win here hands down.

Definitely the greenkids are my favourites. I did find when DD started crawling that they leaked a bit through the legs, but if I pull the nappy up a bit higher they're great - no leaks since.

Otherwise we've got a hautes, a BumG and happy heineys. Happy Heineys, but with greenkids inserts, would be the next best for us.

I like pocket change too..and blueberry's are scrummy..BG are good, solid performers...really don't like hautes though.

Happy shopping! (BTW I think pockets are great!)

BumGs are great all round nappies, but I'd agree with Saram that the V2 hook and loop is not brilliant and I have noticed the elastic in the legs is not as springy as it was - after nearly 5 months of solid (full-time) use. But still no leaks, so they are doing their job!

Swaddlebees are lovely, especially the organic velour pockets. Really narrow crotch, good trim fit, but can be a bit of a pain to stuff (especially the small). ETA: I am really not feeling the Swaddlebees love atm. I just cannot get the hemp insert to sit flat, it either bunches up in the crotch or it shifts down at the front when I put it on. It has leaked three out of the last four times I have used it and I am well and truly over it. I'm experimenting with using a Lotus AIO butterfly insert inside the pocket and will see how that goes. If you want a really good AI2 with a nice narrow crotch like the swaddlebees - the Lotus AIO is really nice, it just doesn't have organic velour (microfleece instead).

Blueberries are gorgeous. They look fantastic but do the job seriously well. They are a similar crotch width to the BumG (ie: quite wide) but fit really nicely. We've only got one (sized, not the osfm) but I'd get more. The hemp/microfibre inserts are a nice design but I'd be inclined to use a bamboo trifold or something a little more absorbent for a heavy wetter.
    Last edited by suse; May 19th, 2008 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Added something...

Did V3 of BumG just come out? No one seems to have any conclusive information about them. If the complaints about V2 have been fixed, and V3 are one-size, then they seem almost too good to be true!

bumgenius are great, quick drying and top quality - nuturenappies sell them

i love my blueberry's and bumG's the best dont like greenkids at all!!

i know lots of people seem to dislike them but i really like my pea pods

I use peapods only if DS is in them for a very short time. I mainly use Hautes, but now I have tried BumG and I want more!!!! I use green kids dreamy nights and sandman nappies at night

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast