Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long did you wait between pregnancies for your VBAC

Question How long did you wait between pregnancies for your VBAC

Hi VBACers and attempted VBACers,

Just wondering what the gap was between pregnancies before you attempted your VBAC?

CM

Unintenionally, but there will be three years and two months between my c/s and VBAC. We started TTC at 10 months though.

My OB said minimum of 18 months between births. So we started trying when DS was 9 months - and there will be 18 months and 10 days between births for me (if this one comes on time)

Hi Sarah & Aricyns mum, thanks for your replies

I am wanting to start TTC #2 when Charli is 10-12 months old and I was just interrested in finding out how long others who were wanting a VBAC, waited before trying again.

Sarah, you must be so excited about the up and comming arrival of your little Princess. Not too much longer to wait now!

Aricyns mum, wow, sounds like you got your BFP first go!

I really hope you both have a wonderful VBAC delivery.

Do you mind if I ask you guys why you had the CS with your first BABY? And are you going Private or Public for your VBAC birth?

Tamara

Tamara
    If you read my birth story you will see why I had a c-section the first time.
    And yes, we got pregnant on the first shot with this one, same as with the last one. What can I say... we're fertile!!!!!
    I'm going private - same as I did last time.
    Good luck with your ttc #2 journey

Aricyns Mum, I fell pregnant literally on the very first try with Charli. I never thought I might be lucky enough for it to happen straight away again, but hey - it happened to you!

I just read your birth story. There are some similarities to mine actually. I too, have a dodgy back except the anaesthetist couldn't get it right for me so I ended up being knocked out. I totally understand the shooting nerve pain. Apparently I was getting that because the anaesthetist was hitting bone. My birth story is in the Disappointing and Traumatic birth section. You may have read it.

I went private with Charli but I'm currently trying to decide whether to go private for my VBAC. My OB does do them but I think I'll have to be strong and lay down the law to ensure I get my way . . .

Tamara,

I wish you well on your journey to find a supportive OB. I switched OB's because I had heard stories about my first one and that he wouldn't consider a VBAC for at least 4 years between births. So I am now seeing a wonderful female OB that is all for me going natural and makes me very motivated to succeed with my choice at every appointment. She has never said a negative word about it, and says all systems go!!!!
    Too bad you are on the wrong side of the coast - I'd recommend my OB for you.
    Oh, and good luck with ttc first pop again - we didn't think it would happen straight away either

Hi again Mel, (it's taken me this long to notice your name is in your sig - sorry 'bout that!)

It sounds like you have a fabulous OB. Are you having bub at Salengor (sp?)
    Yes it is a pitty I live at the other coast.

My OB is a she as well. And she and the other OB at her practice do allow VBAC's (they are the only 2 OB's at Pindara who allow them. The other 7 OB's insist on repeat caesareans). She has told me though that she feels I may need another caesar so I think it just means I'm going to have to stand my ground. In saying that though, I would never jeopardise the safety of my baby just for the sake of a vaginal birth but I am a lot wiser now so I'll be calling the shots and only having a caesar if it is really necessary.

PS: 4 years between births for a VBAC. That is just ridiculous!

yes I thought 4 years was ridiculous also.
    And yes, I'm going to Selangor again :-)
    And not only will I be going for a VBAC, I'll be insisting on one in the water.. OOOooooHHH AAAAaaahhhh.... heheheheheehe

Mel, you go girl!

You are going to have such a totally different birth experience next time! Good on you! I wish you all the very best.

Tamara

Awwww shucks.. thanks....
    And I'll support you 100% on any decision that you make too, you'll always have support from this corner, egging you on.. GIRL.. you GO girl!!!!!!

if all goes well i will have 14 months between my c-section and vbac

bubba girl due in 3 weeks 4 days !

Thanks Mel, I'll keep you posted! Oh, and I can't wait to hear all about your beautiful waterbirth!

Congrats Sassymumma and all the best for your VBAC in 3 and a bit weeks time. Wow, only 5 months between pregnancies Where are you having bub?

16 months for me between emergancy c section and successful VBAC

I tell ya the smile on your face after going through all that pain is priceless!

Good luck and I hope you guys get your VBACS!!!!

I will be having my Vbac in my closest supporting hospital. Im not keen enough to do it at home, i like the fact that the 24 hour emergency team is there incase something goes wrong, My 3rd pregnancy this one to be vbac was not planned, that is why it is so close, but i happen to be extremely fertile , this is the second time the pill has failed me lol..
    My first was natural 23 hours = dd Patience Jade
    My second was a planned pregnancy induced 6hours untill emergency c-section
    = ds Kynan jay

I will post back in a few weeks and let you know how i go all the best everyone, and congratulations to those who have already succedded!

me-20 him- 27
    DD Patience 05
    DS Kynan 07
    DD EDD- April 8th 08

I had 3 years between my c/s and vbac1, then 15 months between vbac1 and vbac 2. Being pregnant again now there will be just over 2 1/2 years between vbac2 and hopefully vbac3.

I didn't encounter any negativity through either of my vbac births but I was prepared that if anything went wrong I would need a c/s as with any other "normal" birth.

Hi Kitty33 & Jo+3, that's fantastic. It must have felt like such an achievement.

Sassymumma, An induction increases the chance of needing an emergency caesar. I hope you get your VBAC with the next one

I had 10.5 years but thats another story..... what I wanted to say was I asked Dr Bisitts if my scar would be stronger seeing I had such a long time between my last c-section and my VBA2C but he said it makes no difference.

Melissa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast