Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Babies born August 2007 #7

Hmm, don't know how I missed a thread change!! how bizarre!! Must have been ages ago that I updated you girls on Em!!

We got rid of the dummy last month, and instantly her vocabulary increased!! Her ankles roll in and the GP has said to keep an eye on it. She learned to walk mid move while we were staying in a hotel for 2 weeks She still isn't handling anything with milk in it, unless it is treated so she needs to see a dietician because we have filled the last repeat on her formula script. When DH get home she will be moving into a big bed so that the cot is available for her little sister.

HI gals,
    All's well here.
    I've been debating the big bid issue, and all I know is that she'll be in one by the end of the year. No more kids here need the cot, so there's no need to move her out until she outgrown it (which will be soon). We took the front off the cot for DD1 a few months before moving into a big bed, and that was at about 20 months, so we may do that in a couple of months.

I find Bailey's speech isn't as developed as Ardyn's was at the same age, and although I KNOW that I shouldn't compare children, it's so darn hard not to. The doc did say that she should have a few more definite words now, but being a second child her big sister does a lot of the talking for her (doesn't shut up actually!! Ha!). Apparently it was the same for me growing up. I was a second child and didn't talk until closer to 3.

I'm sure that as soon as she starts she won't stop, so I'm helping her along and just waiting for the floodgates to open.

And that's about it here. Everything's moving along nicely. We have tantrums, we have accidents (she fell off the couch head first onto the tiles last night) but we're all surviving.

I hope that more mums come on and give an update.

We've had the side off DS's cot for about 4 months now. We had no issues doing it, he went to sleep as usual and never gets out. We were surprised how easy it was.

Speech is still a lot of baby babble - ALL DAY LONG! The boy never shuts his mouth I swear

Uses the words "more, hello, bye, nah (no), banana, mum, dad, ta, ruby (cat)" and a few others. No sentences yet.

He's been walking unassisted since he was 10 months however in the last week or so he's been tripping over his own feet quite a bit. Had him all checked out at the DR's for ear infections etc. that might cause balance issues but all's clear. I guess he's just in a rush to get places and isn't picking up his feet properly.

Hi girls!

Sheesh its been a while since I've been in here!

Lots has happened since then.

We have moved to Brisbane for me to do Bach of Midwifery.

Colby is growing well. Vocab is slow to develop (compared to Briley anyways) but starting to talk quite a bit now. Still on the bottles unfortunately.

Great to see you back in her Kirsten!

Sara - Em still has her bottles, I have picked my battles on that one. Getting the calcium into her is more important than getting rid of a bottle. How are you enjoying Brissy?

Em has a fever today and a cough and runny nose, her eye is getting a but gunky too, so I am using some eye drops that we already had, and some panadol. It is really hard having a sick toddler and SPD together, especialy while I am on my own. Sara, I don't know how you do it.

Sara.
    I have been in and out - lurking a bit too.

I used to be a member of so many forums, kept my Blog up to date and read many other Blogs......then Bailey came along. Ha!
    Seriously though, no forums, my Bog hasn't been updated for MONTHS (sorry to family and friends who live interstate) and Facebook was invented!!!

If I have time on the computer, I find myself catching up on there. It's evil I tell you!

I miss catching up with my cyber-mum's group actually. I'll have to come back more.
    For now, I'm off to vacuum before Miss B awakes.

Hi, hope it's ok to drop back in, even though it has been a while.

I'm going to keep Eleanor in a cot until about 2.5, unless she is trying to climb out, in which case I don't want her to hurt herself.

She fell off DS bed (which has a little ladder, but isn't bunks), I didn't see it, but apparently she fell on her head last week. She seems ok.

DS was in a cot until 2.5yrs, which was 3 months before Eleanor arrived, and that worked well. I'm not in a hurry and she loves her bed, snuggling in to her pillow and blankets.

As for an update from us, nothing much, just the usual. I just find Eleanor so much more confident and courageous than her brother, and the tantrums are starting if we don't get our own way.

And at 18months she showed confidence in swimming so I put her in her brother's class, she hasn't done Mums & Bubs, just went straight to the class and is now trying to use a kickboard - she wants to run before she can walk.

I was working ft when DS was this age, so I am really enjoying still working 3 days per week and getting to spend so much time with them both, especially since DS is off to school next year!

Cheers,
    MG

Hey everyone,
    I've been lurking around too...
    Our babies are all so grown up now!
    Milla is doing really well. She goes to child care two days a week, and is home with DH one day a week (I'm working 3 days). Its exhausting, but also kinda nice to be earning some money and conversing with adults. I relish the days I have at home with M now, love them to bits.

Milla is getting more talkative, just joining two or three words together now, and is really really cheeky. Yesterday (on DHs watch!) she grabbed the bottle of Maple Syrup out of the fridge and ran and hid in the corner of our bedroom, sucking and squeezing the twist top bottle so she could eat her "'unny" (she calls it honey..)!!! She does the same with the tomato sauce (dodo orse) if she can get her hands on it, cheeky thing.

Despite this diet (hah, she wishes!) she is only just 10kg! She is a tall little skinny bean, 85cm. She's a great eater though, and loves most things that aren't meat... She weaned herself at 18 months, which was rather sad, but I am really happy it was entirely her own decision to stop. She gradually cut down to one a day (usually at 4am), and then that stopped, and she started sleeping 12 hours straight, then she had the occasional afternoon feed for a while, then just stopped asking. By 17 months she was having one feed every 4 days or so, then it just came a day when I figured she was done Now she just laughs and pokes the baboos, and has never again tried to latch on, even if we are in the bath together. Strange how they forget so easily.

Anyways - thats it from here. Hope you are all doing well We're TTC #2 around about now, but not too seriously... just taking it easy. Anyone else??? Good luck with the last little bit of your pregnancy Alioops, how exciting! Hope you're feeling OK.

xx

The girls are in full time daycare at the moment because I am pretty immobile. I have been diagnosed with Diastasis of the Syphisis Pubis and have minimal pain free gap between my knees - to small for a VB. So I am having a CS, followed by intense physio and hopefully I will be back to being a mum properly within a month of birth.

Em is talking constantly now, even saying some things that Sarah can't. she has strung 3 words together and is learning to say please and thankyou. Please sounds like tease and thankyou is tkyou. We need to get some more single bed sheets and a few mattress protectors and DH will get her into a big girl bed very soon, sharing with Sarah.

The cat hates Em. She has been hissed at, so either the cat is locked away or hides most of the time. Em and the dog get along like a house on fire though. He will let her do almost anything, and follows her around the yard making sure she doesnt get up to too much mischeif (he doesnt succeed too well with stopping the mischeif though)

Em likes sitting on the potty with her nappy on, and has used it a few times, but is still not quite showing signs of readiness. Not worried abou that at all, but I know it wont be too long.

Hi! This is long... I've been reading the posts, but just can't post back properly when I read from my phone.
    I hardly seem like I have the time anymore! Jensen is such an engertic kid!

At the moment, he seems like he's trying to drop his only day nap, or at least force it back a few hours and shorten it. I thrive on his nap time, planning all the things I can do (ie: to clean, or process Tupperware etc) for his two hour nap, but then he doesn't nap... makes things so much harder to do, but they still get done - just not to the standard I wanted.

Talk is good. I thought he was really ahead, but then saw a post by Sonia (BB name: neuri) on Facebook and reeled in horror, Jensen's not that good yet! He can say the required 10+ words (tho I couldn't name them all, he does say a lot more than 10). the health nurse yesterday said 200+ by the time he's 2... thats only 4mths away, where is he going to find the time??? Can string a "sentence" together - more please (sounds like peas), and the other day he said "roar roar, put it on". He wanted to watch Roary the Racing Car.

I've gone back to work casually, after almost completing my cert III in Aged care - so now thats where I work, and shifts are normally 7-3. MIL and FIL can no longer look after Jensen (except for Tuesdays)and my grandmother now lives 30 mins away in a different direction to what dh and I work in. So I've had to enroll him into family day care 2 days Monday / Wednesday. I don't always work a wednesday, but I thought if they ask me to work a wednesday I can. I feel so guilty!

The health nurse said yesterday too that he had pronated ankles and flat feet. great. Have to find a paediatric podiatrist.

Healthy 11.9kg fully clothed and in a cloth nappy.

He started walking at 14mths, b/f til 15mths - stopped cold turkey from a small lunch feed and a bedtime feed.

Toilet training has begun! Straight after his nap, onto the potty, but he has to sit there till he's wee'd. This morning he told me "wee" and off to the toilet we went! He had already done it, but at least he told me. I asked him throughout the morning do you need to wee and he actually responded by nodding, got off the couch (he was standing on it...) and sat on the potty. Didn't wee, but poo'd! He came into me (I could see him from the kitchen)pointing to the potty and said "wee". He was proud he used it! This is going to take some getting used to!

They grow up so fast!
    Brisbane girls, will I see you at the August meet-up? I know it's around our kiddies b'day, and depending on what day it is, Jensen and I should be there!

PEEK A BOO!!!

WOW nearly a YEAR between posts!!!

So how has the last year been for everyone else?

Em is going to have a skin biopsy done under a GA soon, We are pretty sure it is Haley's Haley's disease but need a biopsy to confirm. She saw the Dermatologist today and that's what he reckons anyway.

She is day TTed but still has a few accidents when she is tired, like on the nice rug at the dermatologist but is generally ok.

Talking - Constant. Speaking of which, maybe some nurofen is in order For Me.

Generally though we are all ok.

Im applying for Uni for mid year entry in a couple of weeks, so wish me luck.

Hope to see this thread back up and running again

Hello!
    Would love to hear how everyone's going I lurk around BB a bit but don't post a lot. Too busy with two kidlets now!

Ali, I hope Em's biopsy goes OK. I don't know what Haleys Haleys disease is, what effects does is have for her skin? Poor little thing. Fingers crossed there is a way to fix it! Good luck with your Uni, I can't imagine how busy you'd be! What are you studying?

I had a baby boy in January, Tate Joseph - he is 3.5 months now and is a cruisy little smiley lad. So much easier second time round and I am not googling every time he does a green poo or doesnt sleep! Milla is a great big sister, we had the jealous phase, and have had a few tantrums, but mostly she loves him and is pretty gentle and very lovely with kisses etc. Always wants to help with his nappy changes... Milla is almost fully TT, but we have been not encouraging it (wait for it), because we are flying overseas next week, and we selfishly want to be able to put her in a nappy on the plane If she is wearing knickers she is fine to go to the loo herself, but is still happy enough to wee in a nappy too, so we don't want to lose that. We are all moving to Belgium to live so it will be a huge change for us all, but exciting. We will be near DHs family. At the moment we are crazily getting our house emptied and ready to rent out. Urghhh.

Hmmm. What else? Milla is still having a 2-3 hours sleep at midday, and sleeps from 8pm til 7am. She is soooo in to drawing and painting and can already draw people with faces and arms and legs and belly buttons. She just draws all day, on everything! She's been going to childcare two days a week and loves that.

Better go, but hope some others pop back in too!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast