Thread: Itty Bitty Newborn

Default Itty Bitty Newborn

My Ob predicts I'll be having a small bub (about 2.6kg was his prediction). I was about to get some bumgenius V3 but now I think it might be wise to wait and see how big bub is.

What do you recommend for a small newborn?

My DS was predicted to be small at 2.9kg (2 days before due date), but ended up being 4kg!! I would strongly recommend waiting before spending heaps of money on nappies that might never fit.
    My friends used disposables for the first few days to save the extra work when you are recovering, but we just used folded terries with outer of the AIO as a cover until he grew into the AIO - it didn't take long and saved on buying the smallest newborn size they only fit for a short period.

Flanny flats and a good cover I reccon! It's really not all that hard and you'll be in the swing of it in no time. THis thread might answer a few questions for you http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/clot...new-users.html

FWIW I had lots of blowouts with sposies as they didn't fit my skinny newborns around the legs or middle and spend just as much time changing clothes and the cot and washing them

Thanks, I moved my questions to the thread you suggested, to keep all that information in one place.