Thread: Cheap Bamboo boosters/liners?

Default Cheap Bamboo boosters/liners?

Hi Ladies,

Any idea where i can get cheap bamboo liners/boosters?

I really like the babybeehind ones but a bit too expensive. Does spot light sell bamboo material? and is it worth making it myself?

Also, is it okay to use bamboo as a liner? I know that it doesnt draw moisture away like the microsuede, but im addicted to the feel of them from the bamboo BBH's and I think they will be better for my DD's little cheeks =)

Thanks in advance!

Spotlight doesn't sell bamboo.

I bought it on-line by the metre. Bamboo can by drying if it is in direct contact with skin. I made boosters with layers of bamboo with a layer of nappy flannel on outside.

Easy to make, especially if you have access to an overlocker.

I have just bought a trial pack of MCN from a site called Bumboozled just checked and their bamboo boosters are $5.50 and their extra bamboo inserts are $12.

Thanks tam

I found a website that sells bamboo fabric. I have ordered their samples to see which type of material is best suited for DD.

Their samples are only 75c! 20cm by 20cm!!!!

I have heard that bamboo dries out the skin? which type? 100% bamboo? because I plan to use bamboo as a liner as the Bamboo BBH works a miracle on DD's bum.

Phoenix - can you let me know the website. I am looking for bamboo myself

You can get the bamboo from (since we cant post links just ignore the spaces)
    bamboo fabric store

Its an australian company, or google bamboo fabric and i think they are the first search results.

Id advise the samples, postage is onlyu $2 for up to 10 samples and u can see which ones best suits you

Samples are 75cents each.

Thanks Phoenix - do you know what measurements i would need if i wanted them for trifolds?

I would think that 20 by 20 wouldn't be enough?

Umm i think it looks like bi-fold only.

So if i put two of those in folded that should be the same as a trifold?

30x30cm makes a nice sized trifold. Don't forget to cut it a little bigger to allow for seam allowance. Depending on the age of bub you can make it a bit longer for the rise too so for a large it can be 35 - 40x30cm.

Bamboo itself isn't as drying to the skin like microfibre is but as it is an absorbant fabric it will be wet against the skin which may cause a rash. Microfleece is a nice barrier type liner that isn't absorbant. Problem is it's a little hard to come by this time of year as it's a "winter" fabric
    So you don't get them mixed up microfibre is like a short pile towelling like the ones sold to clean with and microfleece is a fine polar fleece type fabric that you can make baby blankets from.

Hi Raven,

Is microfleece okay for bubs with eczema? I noticed the bamboo is great for DD's eczema as a liner, but as you said it is wet.

What material would be best liner that will draw away moisture but wont cause a reaction?

Cheers

Natures Cradle sells motherease bamboo boosters for just $4.95 each which look great, but I've tried contacting them about their merchandise and they never return my emails or phonecalls so I haven't bought anything from them (I'm skeptical about online shops because I always have bad luck with them).

But if you live in South Australia they have a few stores.

Hey Phoenix, my DD has pretty sensitive skin (gets patchy eczema on her trunk) and we've never had a problem with microfleece liners. She did get rashes when I didn't use the liners though.
    Miocrofleece is fairly inexpensive, so it could be worth giving it a go just to see?
    I've heard raw silk is good for liners for babies prone to nappy rash. We never tried it and I wonder how effective it'd be at wicking away moisture... But that's another idea.

Thanks snacks!

Silly question but how does microfleece look like and how can i tell the difference between polar fleece?

I know how suedocloth looks like because BumG uses it, but not sure about microfleece.

Thanks!!

The Spotlight shops i have been to have it labelled with a colourful sign saying microfleece. It it thinner and softer than polar fleece.

I don't always find Spotlight staff that helpful, but when i asked for microfleece they knew what i meant and directed me to the right place (where i found the big colourful sign!)