Thread: Bamboo or microfibre on top?

Default Bamboo or microfibre on top?

Just bought a Bumgenius pocket with microfibre as well as bamboo boosters. I was wondering which way to layer them. Is it more effective to put the microfibre closer to DD's bum or the bamboo? Does it make a difference? Many thanks for your help.

microfibre goes on top in the pocket, with bamboo underneath it

I don't think it matters!

Man, lightning quick replies - thanks! I might try both then and report back with results.

:yeahthat: (ETA: what Arimeh said) - microfibre absorbs faster but is more prone to compression leaks so should be in the pocket closest to baby's skin; bamboo is more absorbent and less likely to have compression leaks, so should be towards the outside of the pocket.

Also if you don't already know, microfibre shouldn't be used directly against bub's skin as it can be irritating (which you wouldn't be doing anyway as you are using pockets, but it's worth knowing just in case).
    Last edited by suse; October 20th, 2008 at 01:05 PM. Reason: ETA

LOL Suse you have thought about it a lot more than I have! I just fold and stuff

Sam, the funniest thing is, I don't even use bamboo/microfibre together, I just remember someone (probably Gigi lol) mentioning it and I must have absorbed it (pun intended) somehow...

Just bamboo if you have sensitve kids bum's like mine..I cant put micro fibre near them first....they break out BIG TIME!!!!! Onyl Nappies that they dont is the IB AIO's cause the micro fibre in the hidden booster in the lining and the bamboo is on top

Ha, ha, got all excited about testing absorbency of new pocket and boosters. Nappy goes on, 15 minutes later DD looks at me, grins and has a great big poo She was so pleased with herself. Oh well, at least I know it can contain a pooplosion.

Yes, I knew that microfibre was no good against their skin. I can't even stand the feeling of it when I get it off the line. I have been using the newborn bumgenius microfibre boosters with flanny flats for a while and have just ventured into the land of pocket nappies.

Thanks for all of the advice.

It's like they know that it's a nice new nappy, don't they!

ok, so why do people suggest making liners of microfleece and suede cloth if they are bad for babys bum? whats the best sort of fabric is best to have against their skin?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsC_Aussie View Post
    ok, so why do people suggest making liners of microfleece and suede cloth if they are bad for babys bum? whats the best sort of fabric is best to have against their skin?
    MIcro fleece repells moisture hon and lets the wee drain through to the absorbent materials below

Micro fibre is really blah material that is highly absorbent but nasty near the skin.

2 completely different materials.

My skin crawls jsut with the thought of touching micro fibre

yeah i hate touchin it too - i've been getting DH to stuff all the bumg's for me!! lol

ohhh hehe silly me! need to learn to read!! so microfleece liners ARE good hehe

Yup we use microfleece liners here when we got bad nappy rash - thankfully we don't need them that often!!

Which brand pockets have microfleece out of these? I want to know how they feel. I am clueless too!

BumG (I think they are microseude)
    happy heiny
    Pocket change
    Magic All in ones
    Hautes

Also, is microfleece similar to polar fleece? are they both good for nappy rash?

Thanks ladies, and sorry if i hijacked the thread