thread: best way to use cloth wipes?

Dec 2006
    Melbourne

best way to use cloth wipes?

I've just bought some cloth wipes to go with my growing stash, and I was just wondering how people use them?

ie - do you wet them? how? with what? where do you store them when you go out?

Thanks in advance!

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Feb 2006
    melbourne

i have a nappy bag designed for cloth so it comes with a little bag to keep wipes in, i had mum make me wipes to fit in the bag, i use bubblebubs foamy wipes wash

Feb 2006
    South Eastern Suburbs, Vic

For going out, try a ziplock bag with some pre-wet wipes OR, the thing I've had on my 'to do' list for ages, is to get one of those little perfume atomisers and fill that with water.

At home, a spray bottle with water (and maybe a drop of baby bath gel or essential oil if I want a nice smell).

Dec 2006
    Melbourne

thanks Ladies
    AJP - where did you find a nappy bag especially for cloth?

I recently converted to a smaller bag (when still using sposies), but I have to had to get the big one out again now to fit the nappies, and its a tight fit!

Apr 2008
    in love. lots of it.

At home I have a spray bottle with a bit of sweet mandarin and tea tree oil in water, but when it's cold I have a small bowl and one of those small stainless steel thermoses, like you get at vietnamese/chinese restaurants, with the pop-top button. I fill that up with hot water once a day usually and just pour a splash onto a wipe and wring out the excess into the bowl (which I use to water a pot-plant later!). It's nice to have warm water for cleaning up little bottoms here in winter! If I'm going out, I have a mini thermos for the same thing, or a small atomiser that I picked up from an asian grocery store. I dont have a nappy bag, just a folding change mat and a couple of wetbags that are thrown into whatever bag I'm taking with me! One for clean stuff, ond the other for dirty.

Feb 2006
    melbourne

kellie i got my bag from nice knickers on ozebaby, its too bags that button together, hard to explain, to be honest not sure how i'll go with both sides of the bag when Bubs comes as i currently only use one side

Jun 2008
    Tassie

Mine are wet and put in a zip lock bag, I also take a few dry ones. Then the ziplock bag, the dry ones, a microfleece liner and some bum balm go in this cute little bag that someone made me

Jul 2006
    Melbourne

At home I just have a drink bottle (like with a pop up top) filled with water, or cold chamomile tea. For going out, I have a little wet bag with a zipper, and I put a few in there already wet. Works well for me!

Add Sammiejane on Facebook

Aug 2007
    Melbourne

At home i have a combination of chamomile tea and calendula flower tea - boil it up and let it cool then add some extra water. i put this mixture in an old yoghurt pot that is in the room near the change table - then i dunk the wipes in when i need them.

when going out i wet some and then put in a zip lock bag...

Mar 2007
    Paradise

I keep about half a dozen in a container with a lid and some water. they are just the right level of dampness and the container is empty when the girls go to bed and the dishes get done so it doesn't go mouldy. When we are out I fold a dry one up in each nappy and use the foamy wipes wash from Bubblebubs. I have a couple spare in the nappy bag too for those Horrid changes.