thread: Birthday Party Ideas

Dec 2007
    Geelong

Birthday Party Ideas

Hi,
    DS is turning 11 next week and we are having a party at home for him. Could you please give me some ideas on games etc we could do.
    Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Dianne

Add ~clover~ on Facebook

Sep 2007
    travelling

Hmmm...would it be too cold for a water bomb fight? They're always a hit!!

Sep 2008
    Croydon, Victoria

Not sure if this is too young (but I'm 26 and thinks its great!!). Tie cinnamon doughnuts to the clothesline, (1 for each person). Everyone has their hands behind their back and tries to eat their doughnut. The winner is the first person to eat theirs. If you use your hands you are disqualified.

If I think of others I will let you know.

Oct 2003
    Forestville NSW

Make kites and fly them....
    If they are sporty than have races, like obstacle courses and having to do something silly like hold a book on their head the whole time.
    Minty hunt

Apr 2009
    Addict-ville

Why not a skate park? My nephew is about 11 is he loves trying new tricks at the skate park. Or at an ice arena? You might want to find somewhere big and safe so they can burn off all that energy.

Ignore what I said. Stuff you can do at home.....

Backyard camp outs
    Make-Your-Own Pizza Party just put the pizza bases on the table with the toppings and let them go mad.
    Also good for sundaes
    Last edited by Reborn; April 8th, 2009 at 12:00 PM.

BellyBelly Member
    Add kawazuki on Facebook

Dec 2008
    Paradise. QLD

is he into bakugan or anything like that, i just made a pin the tail on the donkey board style game but with bakugan, put cards on it and blind folded them and made them try and find the card and put a sticker on it each card had a value, and after 4 goes total score was added up and we had a winner.

will elaborate more if you like the idea

maybe do a treasure hunt, hide clues around teh house yard etc nd then in teams they have to find the answer to the clues.

Sep 2008
    Croydon, Victoria

You could make a target out of cardboard and cut a hole in the middle. If they miss the target they get 0 points, outer circle- 25 points, inner circle- 50 points and through the hole 100 points. They can have 5 turns each and the person with the highest score is the winner.

Pinattas are always fun, you can make your own or buy one for around $20-$25.

Guess the movie- Record snippetts of different movies (Shrek, Nemo etc) and the kids can guess the movie. No need to have a winner - its just a bit of fun.

Depending on how you feel about this one- Place a lolly or small prize in a few balloons, blow them up and tie. Blow up about 50 and have a prize in about 30 of them. Pin them to a large board. Have the kids stand a distance away and throw a dart to pop the balloon and claim their prize. Strict adult supervision will be needed for this game, obviously, and I would only use 1 dart. throw it, retrieve, and pass it on.

Hope these help!

Add ~clover~ on Facebook

Sep 2007
    travelling

Ooh, I like the donut idea!

Jul 2007
    melb

The chocolate game. Everyone sits in a circle and on a plate in middle of circle is a family bloke of choc and a pair of gloves and a hat and a scarf and knife and fork. So everyone takes turn at rollling dice and if you roll a 6 you get to go into middle of circle put on scarf hat and gloves and cut choc with knife and fork (1 square at a time) and you get to eat what you cut off, all while everyone is rolling dice and if someone gets a 6 before u cut any off then to bad!! We used to love this game as kids.

Or a big tub full of water and a heap of apples in it and people have to have hands behind tere back and eyes closed and try and grabe apple in mouth
    (donut idea is yummier)

Sep 2008
    Croydon, Victoria

How could we forget the chocolate game!!!! Good one feeb!

Dec 2007
    Geelong

Great ideas, thanks girls.

Regards,
    Dianne

DoubleK Guest

a game my friends mum did every year at her parties, was get some whipped cream, hide a smallish piece of chocolate in the cream (have one small plate per guest, with a big dollop of whipped cream) and they have to find it with only their mouths... makes for some great photos too!!