Thread: Best hairdryer?

Default Best hairdryer?

I have a Sunbeam Ionic hairdryer, and the heat setting is way too hot so I'm looking for a new one... Does anyone have a brand they absolutely love? I've read reviews that the Parlux brand is the best but they are upwards of $150 and I really don't see the point of spending that on a hairdryer as I only have shortish, fine hair anyway...

Good thread as mine died just yesterday!

LOL - let's hope we get some good replies then!

I'm a hairdresser (so of course i'd say this), BUT getting a good one is worth the money. I use Wahl in the salon and Babyliss at home, just love my babyliss i've had it for 8 yrs and has never skipped a beat. It's been dropped plenty of times too! The wahl one are good too I have only had those for nearly 3 years but again have been perfect. You could prob get one of either of these for around $100 esp on ebay or somewhere like that?

Hope this helps, Emma

smiles4u Guest

Talking

I've worked in the hair industry ... and have never been a fan of the WAHL hairdryers ... way too heavy

I'm in need of a new hairdryer too so I will be watching this thread for suggestions

(I know I WANT a med to light weight, have cool shot, a diffuser with long tongs, & the preferably the slide dials on the side not inside of hairdryer arm ... have only ever found one with all of these BUT was way too expensive)

GOOD-LUCK hope you find a super Hairdryer that you are after

Definitely recommend the Parlux 3200 Ceramic & ionic, its awesome. Expensive as hair dryers go but its really good. The salon I go to all use them. I have never been able to straighten my hair without heaps of work, but this dryer does the trick well without leaving my hair fluffy and it does it fast. I don't seem to get any damage from drying my hair, and for someone that would need a straightner at the best of times I can actually just dry my hair straight with my fingers and my parlux. I love it! It has also one a few awards as well.

Mmm - the heaviness factor is something I have to consider as I have very little cartlidge in my wrist, so may rule out the Wahl. Are the Parlux or babyliss ones heavy? My main concern is the heat as I have very fine hair I need something that I can have warm but not hot with variable fan settings.

There's a babyliss pro 2800 on ebay for $35 plus $16 postage... this seems like a good price - does anyone know if this is a good dryer and not too heavy?
    Last edited by dee73; August 26th, 2008 at 08:37 AM.

I'm a Parlux girl - they last for years and years and are so strong..

Another hairdresser here. I still have the same Parlux from when I had my own salon 5 years ago, it is the twin turbo ionic 3000 and I love it to bits!!! I have dropped it several times and it got a beating in the salon for 2 years and still keeps going. I used my mums cheapie in Canada and it took forever to dry my hair using it. When I got back I was in bliss, my hair was dried in 5 mins flat. (I only dry off and then straighten with an ionic iron)

So Parlux all the way!!!

ETA just weighed the Parlux and this model weighs 880gms. There are 2 switches to control heat and speed as well.
    Last edited by Sair; August 26th, 2008 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Adding info

what's the best hairdryer to use for curly hair?

I have very wavy hair, almost curly and my parlux gets my hair straight in 5 minutes without a brush, so I would definitely suggest the parlux.

great, thanks!

Default Re: Best hairdryer?

I'm a Parlux devotee. Bought it years ago and still going strong. Makes blow drying so much easier and quicker. I have also heard Vidal Sasoon are good.

Default Re: Best hairdryer?

I'm a huge fan of Parlux brand.