Thread: Cutting hair

Default Cutting hair

So after years of doing nothing with my hair and two pregnancies which in my case means lots and lots of hair growth, I have long hair all the way to my bum.

Thing is I never wear it down it's always up in a ponytail or bun - with two boys time is used else wear and with the little one, the grabby death grip he gets on my hair makes it hard to have long hair!

So ive been thinking of cutting it to a short bob; prob to my shoulders.

My question is to those that have done it, did u regret it? I'm so nervous about it! Lol but on the other hand if it's horrible Nd I hate it, what's the difference really if I can still put it up!!

Default Re: Cutting hair

Go for it! It's only hair. It will grow back. And you may well love it! It must be so heavy all the way down to your bum!!
    I grow my hair half way down my back, then chop it up to my shoulders/chin when I can't stand the knots anymore every couple of years or so. I always regret it immediately after but then I get used to it and it always grows back.

Lol it is defiantly knotty! Purely cuz some days I can't be bothered even brushing it cuz wats the point it's only going up in a bun!!

Do it!!!!

If you cut it to shoulder length, you will still be able to wear it up anyway!
    Go for it!

I cut my hair in May this year. It was almost down to the small of my back and like you always tied up. My hair is very thick so it always felt so heavy. I went for a shoulder length bob but had the back cut shorter then the front for something a bit different.

I LOVE it!! Do not regret it at all. It is still long enough to tie up, or short enough to quickly blowdry. Most of the time I put a bit of curl booster in and leave it out with a bit of the front pinned back (also had fringe cut but I am growing that out). DS is over the hair pulling stage now but when I first got it done he would pull a bit but because it was short he would usually slide off my hair.

I say go talk to a hairdresser or two and decide on a style that will suit you but will be easy for you to maintain and go for it.

thanks for the reply kazzo. I am definitely leaning towards it.

that is exactly the style I am looking at. something that can be worn up when needed but something that can be styled quickly but also a bit fancy when needed.

Even when I have the time all I can do with it is straighten it cuz at this length, curling takes WAY to long! the right side is flopped by the time ive don't the left side lol

I cut my hair from bum to jawbone every 3 or so years. Don't regret it. You can always grow it back.

If it's in good condition, maybe you could consider donating it to make a wig for cancer patients? Might take away some of the sting if you know it's going to a great cause. I cut my hair from almost to my bum to chin length when I was around 13. I was sick of every hairdresser I went to refusing to cut it and saying it was beautiful long. It was a huge relief and felt so good! No regrets at all, and it does grow back. Now I've gone from long to short and back again plenty of times.

Teeki - I've recently lost my brother to cancer and I thought of that too. But apparently cuz it has been bleached (and a lot!) it it's useable. Very disappointed but I can't change my hair choice now lol!

And I know! What is with hair dressers all saying that! It's like oh my god! It's gorgeous long don't cut it or oh just take a few inches off that will be a big difference lol. If I'm going to cut it it has to be a dramatic change lol!

All hairdresser seem to say that, yet most hairdresser have shortish hair that I see

Go for it! I'm sure you will look lovely and pretty.

I just did it two weeks ago. I couldn't stand it anymore. It isn't as short as i wanted it but i can still put it up on the bad days. Love, love, love it and don't regret it at all.

I feel like I've got a bit of me back. I'm not just mum... I'm a human!

If you want my opinion, just do it! Hair will grow out soon! But if you feel you need a change, cut it as short as you wish! Maybe, this one will suit you. I like it so much!