Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does laser hair removal hurt?

For anyone with PCOS looking into this... It doesn't work for us. It doesn't work on hormonal hair. I had 6 sessions done and all the hair came back after each one

I have PCOS (mild though) and yes, it come back and I had to have more than the recommended sessions, but t is still WAYYYYY better than it was, and some of the really dark yucky ones are so much lighter. And thes only a couple left, rather than a beard full.
    But, it does take longer than expected.

I go to the Victorian cosmetic institute which means my treatments are overseen by doctors, and that makes me feel more comfortable

So I went and had it done! I went to the 'hairfree' clinic. $49 for bikini and underarm. It didn't really hurt at all, and took no time at all.

Default Re: Does laser hair removal hurt?

I'm going tomorrow, DP's cousin paid for six sessions for my 30th birthday.
    I think it's IPL - is there a difference?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Laser is better for hair removal
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

What kind of laser is it and how does it work? I've only heard of IPL hair reduction.

Ok so their website says they use only medical grade lasers not beauty IPL's so I am assuming I've got the good one

DP's cousin highly recommends them & has paid for 6 underarm sessions... Eeeekkkk!

I would ask about who does the lasering, what their qualifications and training are, etc. There are few regulations in the industry and some dodgy people around, unfortunately. I go to a place run by a doctor, which is more reassuring to me. personally I would only get it done from someone with medical training. That's not to say that it can't be done well and safely by someone else, it's just an extra degree of security.
    I also wouldn't pay in advance - you don't know how many sessions you'll need to begin with. Also, they like you to come back every month, but it can often take a bit longer than that for the hairs to grow back and the treatment only works when they're in growth mode, so you may find 6-7 weeks works better. This is what my doctor told me, so I have tended to go at 6-8 week intervals.

Ok so it's done, nice & quick, stung a bit but nothing major and I'm booked in for 6wks time.

Normally I wouldn't do anything like this for myself but it's pre-paid & DP's cousin is a bit touchy on things like this so I trust her judgement.
    The lady was lovely and I'm hoping it makes a difference

Hope you're happy with the end result!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12