Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does laser hair removal hurt?

Default Does laser hair removal hurt?

I get so many ingrowns with my bikini line that I am thinking of laser hair removal. Is it painful? How long till you start to see result?
    TIA

Yes. It feels like a red hot staple gun.

I had noticeably less regrowth after 2 sessions, and almost none after 6 sessions. I don't do anything to my bikini line now.

Owww. How long does it hurt for after?

I didn't have that type of pain with mine. I have done bikini line and underarms. The only time it was a bit burny was when the machine had played up.

You need at least 6 sessions or more to really notice a minimization.

Each zap hurt for about half a second. There were maybe 40 or 50 zaps per session. Afterwards, it just feels a little raw for a few hours, but that might be because or the shave that happens first.

So is it something I could do in my lunch break and go back to work without feeling uncomfy?

I've had moustache, beard, underarms and bikini done. Had 6 sessions, noticed a difference from the start. But you can't epilate while the treatment is ongoing. The 6 sessions reduced the hair in these areas by about half and completely eliminated the beard. I would like another six at some point, and also maybe get my arms done too.

It felt like touching something hot for a brief second, then it being removed. I had a portable fan that I could blow towards the area while the treatment was being given to reduce this sensation.

Only time it hurt was bikini line during my period. Not a good move. But once it was done, it was done and no pain so I was able to cycle home again after the treatment.

Yep, it's just a zap and then nothing and little tender for maybe 30 mins or so afterwards. It depends on the laser, too, as some are 'cooler' than others. older ones will hurt more and for longer afterwards.

I get laser on my chin and lip, yes it hurts, but its WAYYYYYYYYY less painful than waxing the same area. Makes such a difference love it!,

After reading this thread, in definitely not going to try it now!!

I had 3-4 sessions for underarm and brazilian. It was enough to thin it but I couldnt afford to keep going. It's a bit like flicking yourself with a rubber band. I put topical anaesthetic cream on an hour before a treatment, which kind of helped. However, I also had to put cling wrap over the cream to stop it coming off on my clothes. That was kind of weird.

I went to a cosmetic doctor, as I didn't want to risk those sensitive bits to anyone less qualified.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Does laser hair removal hurt?

I loved it! The odd one feels like a rubber band snap but was worth it. Better than waxing for me.

Oh also, laser is better at hair removal than IPL (?) which is better suited to skin stuff.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    In 2015 I went Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

I have had 3 brazilian sessions and have considerable reduction. It hurts a little but like the others said its gone in an instant. The weirdest bit is when your pubes start falling out weeks after lol

Rossetti it's really not that bad!! In fact for a while there it didn't hurt me at all!! They had the cold air blowing nice and strong and it just felt like little warm flickers.... After all the hormones and M/MC I has last year I think my skin is more sensitive and the hair is in different places... It's done in about ten minutes and I can relax for months now before I even think of the next session!

What's worse pain wise... Laser or waxing?

Ripping a strip off takes almost as long as a laser pulse, but stings moe. When the pulse is done, it's done and no pain afterwards.

Waxing has way more pain IMO

yep, waxing more painful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast