Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Going No-Poo

Uhhhhh...mayo treatment? Total failure over here. My hair smells like raw eggs, and it's as dry as straw. Not sure what the issue was there, I think I just need to leave it be for a bit and let it do it's thing through this feral stage...it's like greasy straw

That mayo treatment was feral. Re washed today with my shampoo and conditioner mix, much better. Here's day 4...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348302174.322091.jpg

I didn't take a pic yesterday. Wish I did so you could all see how terrible it was. My hair is very clean and has loads of volume. A bit frizzy and dry on the outside layers as usual, but that's going to be the way for a while with all the heat damage.

I'm going ok. Used the shampoo conditioner and my hair went very.... fluffy.

But still feels clean and nice

Yep, fluffy is a good way to describe it. I reckon one wash a week will be plenty.

hair is greasy as and boof ends. hope it sorts itself out by 10th. have some mega important city business public things to do and must look fabulous for them.

I think you hair looks good pz.
    the idea of mayo in hair made me cringe lol

oohh PZ I LOVE your curls!!

OK, hair wash day tomorrow. How do you make this shampoo? Just a jug with baking powder and warm water all mixed up? Or does it have to be in a bottle? Do you use all the mixture at once or just a little bit, like with normal shampoo?

Ditto the conditioner.

I am wavering between doing this now or finishing the shampoo bottle first as it is nearly finished, so less junk in the bathroom.

I do it in two squirty bottles (posted a pic here) with warm or hot water. I tend to spray it in bit at a time, then massage in, then spray a bit more, massage in etc. It's odd at first to use stuff that isn't foamy and slippery. Then if there's any left and I'm satisfied its even I pour the rest in.

Hair has officially entered the feral phase. So dry at the ends, greasy at the roots. Missing my straight, more predictable (albeit more damaged) hair. Pushing on!

I thought of you when I was in line at the supermarket behind a man with loooong hair and lovely curls in gorgeous condition, I could tell he wasn't a frequent washer. Then he gave his head a jolly good scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by kuraiza View Post
    I thought of you when I was in line at the supermarket behind a man with loooong hair and lovely curls in gorgeous condition, I could tell he wasn't a frequent washer. Then he gave his head a jolly good scratch.
    Lol...thanks, I think?

buying squirt bottles tomorrow. hope to find apple cider vinegar too.
    a tad ot but have heard about using vinegar instead of fab softer in washing machine? anybody heard that? if we are using on our hair then it would make sense

I was reading something today that had me wondering about doing this. I wash my hair once a week and wear it in a ponytail as it is. Hmm...might call my hairdresser to see if she can fit me in Wednesday. Then I'll be good to try going no-poo. Can I just get apple cider vinegar in the supermarket?

i washed my hair with bicarb today. these days i only get the chance to wash it once (twice if im lucky) a week anyway and it had been about that since i last washed it so i figured it cant get any worse. i dont have any acv tho so will have to do that when i next go to the shops. apparently the acv is really important to help balance the pH level of your hair out after the bicarb.
    my hair is really thin and fine and although it feels clean its still really limp and hanging...no body in it like i usually get after a shampoo (even tho that normally only lasts a day or two anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by doubletrouble View Post
    buying squirt bottles tomorrow. hope to find apple cider vinegar too.
    a tad ot but have heard about using vinegar instead of fab softer in washing machine? anybody heard that? if we are using on our hair then it would make sense
    Vinegar is awesome in the wash, especially with towels. Makes them all soft and auprisingly doesn't make things smell vinegary. Also, much better for your machine as it doesn't get fabric softener build up in it!

just washed hair
    Lots of color came out with wash
    Lets see what happens now- It'll let it air dry today

hair is ok. feels clean without being too dry.
    had to use regular white vinegar as can't get cider here but that's all good.
    not too fluffy which.surprises me.

how's the rest of y'all going? pz?

The shampoo and conditioner thoroughly cleans my hair, that's for sure. It is very fluffy the day after. But feels nice enough. A little dry but again, that's heat damage. Thinking of making a hair butter for some moisture. I find washing every 2-3 days works best here. I also think a hair trim and a lot of thinning is in order because I have WAY too much hair for natural curls!

your hair is beautiful

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast