Thread: How do you make curls last

Default How do you make curls last

So I usually have either ringlet/curl/wavey hair when its just been washed. After that its usually either pulled back or straightened. It straightens really well.

Anyway for my birthday I was given a curling wand and I'm in lurve!!! But... the gorgeous soft curls I get from the wand only last a couple of hours max. How can I get them to last longer?

My hair isn't really thick or thin, sort of in between. Its not in the best of condition though tbh it could use some loving. And its all one length which is mid back, I can't stand layers.

Default How do you make curls last

Products. And pinning the curls whilst hot and letting them go completely cold before letting them unravel. And then hairspray. Lots of it.

Get yourself a pre curling spray. I know garnier sells one. It's for hot tools and curling. To use before curling. Then after that curl slip the curl off the wand onto your finger so it stays in a curl, then pin to your head with the curl standing in edge. You can do this with a bobby pin or a pin curl clip. Then once they are cooled give them about 30 mins undo them. And then as you undo each one spray with hairspray.

Only ever use your fingers to lightly separate the curls if needed. Never. Ever brush a curl made by a wand.

Default Re: How do you make curls last

Thanks heaps rouge, that's really helpful, I'll give it a shot :-D

Agree with what has already been posted, but I tip my head upside down at the end, and then spray only the bottom with a light mist of hair spray.

I also find that if I curl my hair straight after it has air dried from a wash it keeps the curls better

I use product. ATM it's a redken brand one I'm using which holds my curls really well. I have wavy hair and I don't blow dry or anything, just spray with a bit of water, comb it, let it dry and then put the product through it. Works well with the frizzy bits too. If you have naturally wavy/curly hair, I'd be letting it dry naturally and then using product to hold the curls.

Used the right products. Help your curls! Apply styling products to your hair, which will help hold the curls in longer. Depending what works with your hair, apply mousse prior to drying your hair, or simply spray hairspray before and after curling. I hope it's help to you, Thank you!