Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you wear your hair?

Default How do you wear your hair?

I put my hair into a ponytail and as I'm pulling my hair through the elastic, I don't pull the hair all the way through. Then with the bits that didn't get pulled through, I spread then around the hair so in looks neater.
    I know I've not explained it too well but hopefully you get what I mean! Lol.

Straightened on the days I can be bothered and worn in two plaits, or if my hair is a bit dirty/unstraightened/not cooperating, a mum bun (high messy bun). I want to get a chop soon, my hair is down to my boobs when straight and it's super curly and too long and thick to straighten (I don't have a spare hour for hairstyling anymore!).

My long, very thick and curly hair only ever used to go up in a pony or bun. 12 months ago I got it chopped right off. Best thing ever.
    I can still wear it curly or straight. The style looks "done" without much effort. It's long enough at the top to braid along the fringe/ bobby pin/clip/ head band for a bit of variety, and it's not like wearing a blanket anymore.

Down and starightened when I make a big effort, in a ballet- style bun high bobby pinned on my head or slightly messy braid when I make a little effort, or pony tail or messy bun secured with a hair tie when I really CBF'd!

Depends on my mood. Today it is down with a headband on and curled. Tomorrow I fancy having it in a bun (useful look for teaching!). I'm a big fan of pony tails and braids, as my hair is thick and long and knots easily if down. I also like beehives and chignons when I have five minutes to give myself an up-do - they are quite simple to put up when you practice.

I may go chignon tomorrow, depending on when I get out of bed.

Usually down and straightened but when I have no time or can't be bothered with any effort, pulled back into a pony with clips holding the fly away bits

Right now I have a few options...
    High messy bun with headband
    Low side chignon with part on same side
    Leave it wavy and messy then pin the front back nd low ponytail slightly to one side.

Too hot in Brissie to wear it down n summer. As we go ino winter I'll be getting a fringe cut again.

these "high messy buns" are all the rage at the moment. how do you do them? are they hard?

Default Re: How do you wear your hair?

I have an asymmetrical bob that I usually straighten and curl under, but for nights out I curl it. My hair is so fine that any longer than a bob it just looks limp and unkempt.

I have fine hair and I usually wear mine either blowdried straight with ends flicked in to frame my face. I have no fringe and parted in middle, as I have a cowlick (horrible horrible things!)

Or, I put it all up in a pony tail usually when DD is in a mood as she pulls my hair out! Lol

When I go out on cruises and out to social events etc it's usually ghd curled and full of hairspray :-)

I almost always wear mine out, blow dried straight. I feel like my blonde locks compensate for my other physical mis-attributes.

Ps I'm obviously not adventurous with my hair but I am vicariously- hair romance is a great Aussie hair blog with lots of inspiration,

Bumping this! My hair is too short right now, so options are curly or straight, maybe with a clip, so going to grow to shoulder length to get me some options back! I miss my buns and up dos.

I'm so boring with my hair I just wear it tied back in a pony tail or bun. I worked for many years in a place where hair had to be tied back so now I'm so accustomed to it being up it feels weird when I wear it down

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12