Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you wear your hair?

Default How do you wear your hair?

So, the other thread about doing little girls' hair had me thinking - how do you do your hair on a daily basis?

I'm not afraid to admit I am terrible at hair - my ability pretty much ends at down or all up. I pretty much feel like a dag most of the time. If its down I generally straighten it in the morning but it is usually messy by the afternoon. If I put it up it is generally falling out and looking messy by the afternoon. Is anyone else in the same boat? I need inspiration and tips!

Usually in a pony with some random clips holding back all my new growth fuzz lol. I have awful hair lately!

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Usually pony tail or messy bun pulled up high and I have lots of headbands both fabric pretty ones with flowers and stuff on them and hard plastic ones. Popping one of those on makes it look like I have made an effort!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Hestia~ View Post
    Usually in a pony with some random clips holding back all my new growth fuzz lol. I have awful hair lately!
    I have bobby pins holding some bits back lol! It still falls out a bit. I'm so bad at hair lol (or maybe I can say I have bad hair???? I'm hoping that's part of the problem and its not just my lack of skill!)

Pony tail.

Bun. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Divvy View Post
    Bun. Always.
    Me too!

Usually a messy (on purpose lol) bun, a low side pony tail, or with a headband, pony tail, pig tails (sometimes x 2 sometimes x 4), sometimes I wear 6 really small pony tails (gathering hair from the hairline - pulling them back enough to show the six different 'lines / sections' - great for flyways).....

I try to mix it up, don't like doing my hair the same every day!
    Most frequent style is a side pony or side bun. I like a bun high on my head, but only when my hair cooperates.
    At night I do a plait to keep it from getting knotted.
    I'm a big fan of the extreme side part.
    I rarely leave it all down at the moment because its so long and just gets in my way. Half-up is good though
    And I have a big headband stash, makes any 'do look instantly more glam!

All out with the front pinned off centre when it's clean and straightened, high top of head messy bun when I want it off my face, side fishtail braid for bike riding, 2 plaits for fun! I play around a bit but not as much as I'd like!!!! It's super long now am considering chopping a bit off!!!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I have four styles - down (straightened if I have enough time), pony tail, bun or side plait. I have done two plaits when I've been on holiday but never for work.

Whether it's up or down depends on whether it was a 'wash' day or not. I wear my hair down on wash days and up on non-wash days.

All the above work for me and I can do them in my sleep so I don't strive to learn anything knew. Lazy and a bit sad, but true.

Brisbane - where it is never like it should be.

Default Re: How do you wear your hair?

generally a poney with ribbin if going out straight with quiff or sides pinned back

Plain old pony. My hair is thick and it makes me hot very easily so I don't often wear it out.

For going out (ha, when does that happen?) or special occasion I will try to straighten it. I recently got one of those donut squashy things that help you do a bun, and I've done that successfully once. Going to a wedding on Friday (unless bub arrives!) so will attempt the bun thing again. Can't do a bun without assistance though!

Usually straightened, but now that I'm exercising pretty much daily, it doesn't get straightened every day, only on Sundays. So it starts to get a curl in it by about Wednesday.

I wear it down, with a band, in a half pony tail (as in top half of hair pulled back), sometimes pigtails (but the pigtails aren't usually for work). It isn't long enough at the moment for it all to be up but I'm growing it again, so we will see.

Usually straightened.
    *Sides pulled back with bobby pins or a clip.
    *fringe braid (my fave!) then half up, half down
    *2 braids
    *headband
    *ponytail- very short hair, so takes a lot of bobby pins.
    *multitude of bobby pins to pin it all back in a messy style

80% of the time I wear mine in what I refer to as a 'Mum Bun', which is a messy bun. I don't wear my hair out often as it is ridiculously thick and like wearing a blanket.
    So it's either in a mum bun, low or high pony, side pony, plait, 2 plaits or low pigtails.

Default Re: How do you wear your hair?

How do you do a messy bun?
    I straighten my hair after a wash (wash at night, straighten in morning) ponytail or a low tucked ponytail. Curly if its all going wrong - sometimes straighten just the fringe bits

I wear my hair which ever way it wakes up in the morning! Which makes me giggle when I get compliments on how nice my hair is. If only they knew...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast