Thread: Moisturising

Default Moisturising

It's happened. That moment you realise maturity is kicking in and drinking water alone isn't enough to keep your skin hydrated. What's your regime. I have NFI. Do I go with in shower, After shower, lotion, oil, both. Spray on, rub in. WHAT DO I DO???!!

Halp.

Default Re: Moisturising

Liebs and DH go for hydrating shower oils, and moisturiser creams post-shower and nightly before bed.

I'm still the greasy, spotty one in our house so can't really help. Yay forever young - not.

For body? I find a cream after showering works best, seems to soak in more and not just sit on top.

I've tried a few of the in shower ones and they leave a really waxy feel to my skin, so not a fan.

I use oils as well but combined with massage and usually once a week and slather my feet with a body butter of some kind at the same time.

Oh and I don't like ones with heaps of fragrance added, they seem to be more drying! Doesn't mean it can't be a nice smelling one just not the ones you can smell from the car park.

I try to use a hydrating shower gel (I avoid soap whenever I can) and then I actually use Gaia baby moisturiser. I love the smell and feel of it.

For my face I use Elemis Pro Collagen Marine Cream during the day (it's divine!) and I always use a night cream too. The one I have now is some pharmacy brand but I love Elemis so much I'm thinking I'll get their night cream too.

Checkout Moo Goo Oil Cleansing Method for your face. It works really well and doesn't dry out my face.
    Perhaps also look at the fats and oils in your diet. I wonder if you are getting enough good fats?

Body, I use a soap free baby wash in the shower (Mustella) or goats milk soap. After shower I use a thick body butter, and if my shower is at night I'll use coconut oil. For my face, in the mornings I'll use my regular light moisturiser (Simple) after using witch hazel. At night, I pierce a vitamin E capsule and massage that into my face, neck and d?colletage.

My face isn't really a problem. Not a fan of coconut oil.

Don't really have a problem with over the counter moisturisers.

Hydrating shower gel sounds like a good idea.

Diet is fine. It's just genetics. had my skin checked recently and this is what I was told by a dermatologist. Dry patches is a sign of maturity and genetics. If my skin all over was dry I'd think more of it.

I've been using the Aldi $10 wrinkle serum stuff for a month or so and I like it. Feels nice and light. Before that i have never used anything but basic moisturisers. I noticed my skin was dramatically different after having dd. It's like she sucked all the youthfulness from me

I think though that as much as creams etc can help, it is mainly down to genetics. I've had two children, and without makeup I still look like a 15 year old lol

I have found that taking Even Primrose Oil capsules helps with my skin. I have very bad skin and have noticed a difference.

I'm not trying to fix my age as such or remove wrinkles. Thankfully that's not an issue.

Thanks Tinks. That's a good idea.

Ex foliating might help as well to get rid of that top dry layer.

I try not to use to much in the shower. Just becareful of shampoo running down your body, as it may be affecting your skin.
    I spot moisturise my body when I notice it getting dry. Occasionally I will use a shea butter body wash or a sugar scrub (which I find moisturising as well)

I use moogoo soap then sukin moisturiser every morning as well after the days I work in the pool, face I use moogoo, but might look at something else....might go start a thread about that lol

I moisturise after most of my showers at home (some days I shower at the gym). I have a big pump pack of Palmers Shea Butter lotion. The pump pack makes it easier an quicker for me. I do one pump per arm or leg and then one on my tummy/hips.