Thread: Skincare recommendations?

Default Skincare recommendations?

I'm after some recommendations for skincare that might help me, seeing as I've almost run out of a lot of my stuff, I figured I may as well update.

I'm nearly 30 now and my skin is showing it. It's quite dry, and fine lines show if I don't care for it properly (I'm talking about my face here). If I apply make up, almost all foundations will look dry and flaky, even if I've moisturised first, so I've been using a daily microfoliant and moisturising. This gets rid of the dry bits and if I use a primer before foundation (actually I just use a bb cream) my skin looks pretty much like it used to.

Anyway, my microfoliant is almost empty, and so are my toner and moisturiser. I was using an anti-aging one, can't remember what it's called and am stuck on the couch with a sleeping baby, but it's in a little red jar lol. I don't mind it, but I'm wondering if there's something better, I think it's probably time to get a little more into the anti-aging stuff.

Any recommendations?

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Default Re: Skincare recommendations?

I'll pm you

I'm 35 and started using Elemis about 6 months ago and LOVE it! It's not cheap but it's lovely and the Pro Collagen range (which I use) is divine. It far cheaper to buy it online through Amazon or eBay than other beauty website.

You could try a chemical (non granular) exfoliant in the form of a toner or serum, applied before your moisturiser. Look for glycolic or lactic acid or fruit enzymes. Keep in mind you may need to apply every other day so your skin can adjust in case of sensitivities. Also if you use one of these go easy on the grainy exfoliants as you don't want to overdo it.