Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: When did you notice you had grey hairs?

I'm 24 and haven't noticed any yet although haven't really gone looking and don't spend much time in front of the mirror. I know DF (27) has a bunch, I love them and think he looks very distinguished haha he always asks me to pull them out though!!

Definitely genetics for me. My mum has 6 brothers and she says they used to pick out her grey hairs at 18! I am 50 now and would probably be totally white as I am gettting it coloured every 4 weeks these days. Mum is white not grey. can only remember getting grey hairs in my late 20s.

I was 21... I was at my hairdresser and she thoughtfully pointed it out to me... noice.

Late thirties I suppose. I still don't colour my hair regularly though perhaps I should wear my glasses more often

none for me yet.... thank goodness... one of my sisters started to go grey in her early 30's though

Just this year since turning 40! My mum started getting them when she was in her 20's so I think I am pretty lucky to have lasted this long

None yet!

I discovered my first ones when I was pregnant with DD3, so I was 32/33. They've taken off since then! Lol. I call them 'Ash Blonde'

This post was brought to you by Lisa's iPhone. Keeping Lisa sane since 2011.

None yet at 29. My mum has only one or two at 53 and my maternal great grandfather recently passed away at 94 with brown hair and only one or two greys.

My sister on the other hand has quite a lot at thirty and dad is all grey at 59.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I'm almost 42 and I have no grey apart from the odd one every now and again. My mum, at 64, is just starting to get enough grey strands to be noticeable when you're close, and my dad is 68 and is only just starting to go grey at the temples. My great grandmother on my mum's side died at age 84 with a full head of black hair.

i'm going grey, getting more

I started noticing after I got married at 21. Apart from the obvious new stress, I had also dyed my hair blue black the night before my wedding, which I think did some damage and caused the greys. I then had to keep dyeing my hair because the greys showed up so starkly against the black.

For the last year I haven't been able to afford the hairdresser, so my hair is its natural colour again. There's a fair amount of salt sprinkled through, but it looks much more natural now. I don't think I'll colour again, at least, not black. I think I might just embrace my supposed wisdomous

Does stress actually make your hair go grey? Because some of my hair is grey, brown, grey, brown...like a frikken fossil! You can actually track the times of great stress in my life by the pattern of my grey hair. And then some is just flat out grey. I pull them out

I've heard it said that every time you pull out a grey hair 4 more come to its funeral.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I always say, when I get a grey hair out of nowhere, it was coz of one of my kids. But I actually think grey hair is genetic, and not related to stress. But I have NO scientific evidence to back this up. Just saying though, with 3 grown up kids, including one with a drug addiction, 2 divorces, IVF and moving countries, then states, I should probably have a full head of grey hair if it was stress-related!

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    I've heard it said that every time you pull out a grey hair 4 more come to its funeral.
    Yep I heard that too...

I think it can be related to stress. Maybe it's a combo of stress & genetics. My mum went grey quite early & she has suffered significant stress in her life particularly in her late teens & early twenties. She comes from a large family who otherwise seem blessed with late greying hair. I don't have any scientific studies to back that up though.

I really don't think it has anything to do with stress.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast