Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where do your jeans rip?

Default Re: Where do your jeans rip?

Am I the only person who looks for jeans that fit my butt, waist and thighs and them gets them takes up?

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Inner thighs here! I like to sit like a kiddie ln the floor with my legs crossed so they cop a fair amount of stretching
    Oh and maybe my thighs are a bit big! Lol

If at least 50% of the women in this thread say that their thighs are too big then possibly the problem isn't that our beautiful, strong thighs are too big but that the jeans are cut too small

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Yes! Agree.... Hmmm thigh bursting jeans be gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Zazou View Post
    Am I the only person who looks for jeans that fit my butt, waist and thighs and them gets them takes up?
    I've taken them up before but then they sit higher than I like when I have shoes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazou View Post
    Yes to the first part but I've had the opposite problem for years: ankle freezers. Luckily there's a shop that now caters for my bootiliciousness AND provides longer leg jeans. But you have to be quick, those babies sell out first, therefore reinforcing my suspicions that a lot of other bootilicious ladies are also tall. Which is a fact that seems to have escaped most clothing retailers, who add width but not length. In my younger years I believed myself to be some kind of Amazonian priestess in a world of round but very very short people. Now I know I am but one in sistahood of thigh-rubbing jean wearers. Power, y'all

This is why I only wear Levis now: they do different "curve" sizes. So I can wear a full-curve jeans with a long leg, it fits my leg length, backside and waist. Plus the bootcut ones, I can wear heels with and they don't look too short. I wish I could get clothes and take them up, but it doesn't work for me.

And they don't go at the knees after 5-6 months. I am now saving on my jeans expenditure.

Although, Marydean, I am an Amazonian warrior princess. There's just more than one of us around these days. (*does Lucy-Lawless-esque backflip making an "alilililili" sound*)

The last 2 of mine have worn out under the back pockets. I don't think I pull up with the pockets, though I do use them a lot.

I'm another that they wear in the thigh but also the cuff...Im short! Well perhaps my waist is just too round for my height

See I don't think any of us are too short - it's that all jeans are excessively long!

They're expecting us to wear their jeans 'out', with heels. And if you wear pants with heels they're supposed to not show the heel so they need extra length. Doesn't work when you wear them with flats or no shoes!

See... I'm one of those who has trouble finding them long enough. When they are long enough, its only just. No way I could get away with heels.
    I've never experienced walking on my jeans! Or trackies, or any other pants tbh! And I've always felt quite sad that I've missed out on that experience. I've never liked my height.

You know the other crappy thing about too-long pants with too-flat shoes? You wear them out on a rainy day like this and the bottoms get soaking wet, you have to change when you get home.

Slightly OT for sewers. There are some awesome easy tutorials for shortening jeans. And being able to keep the original hem.

I haven't worn jeans in nearly 20 years. *blush*

Well, apparently my good jeans have decided to buck the trend and rip all over... Thanks to my mum's dog, who got them off the clothesline I don't have any other jeans that fit me so perfectly, and I practically live in jeans. I'm so angry at that stupid mutt right now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12