Thread: The how many children do you have question?

Default The how many children do you have question?

How do you answer there question of "how many children do you have?" Im not sure Howe I answer, I don't want to make people feel awkward but I also don't want to not honour my baby girl who isn't here with us anymore so I feel weird saying I have 2 when really I have 3.

www.babyjcystichygroma.blogspot.com.au

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Default Re: The how many children do you have question?

My friend says 3 here on earth and 1 in heaven. If you are not religious or don't want the heaven reference you could say and 1 that has passed.
    Your baby girl is part of your family so I think whatever you are most comfortable with counts xx

I know people who say x number Earthside, then it is up to you to continue and say your daughter, or not, sort of leaves it up to you in how you feel at the time and who you are speaking to. Xo

A friend of mine says she has 2 living children and 1 one angel up above watching over her

Three. I always say three. If I feel like expanding, I'll add "...but I only get to raise these two" or something along those lines. Sometimes I'll go further and explain why it's only my girls, but it all depends on the situation. I have no shame or fear whatsoever in including Ianto, he's my son just as much as Amelia and Elisabeth are my daughters.

It's a tough one to answer. Normally I would always say that I have had 3 children but our middle child was born sleeping. but by doing that usually you have to be prepared to either answer questions or know that there is a chance you will become emotional (especially earlier on.) or unfortunately make people feel uncomfortable. When I was asked by a lovely older lady in the shop one day I just couldn't tell her about my angel, so decided to say "just the 2". You do what you feel most comfortable with, I don't think there is any right or wrong way of answering it. Xxx