thread: What to get for EDD of sleeping nephew?

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Apr 2009

What to get for EDD of sleeping nephew?

I am hoping someone can suggest the perfect present I can give my sister for her EDD for her son who was born sleeping last year. His EDD is in a few days and I'd like to get something for her. Any ideas?

Dec 2007
    Hork-Bajir Valley

Re: What to get for EDD of sleeping nephew?

im not sure what would be nice to recieve (as ive never had a sleeping baby) but i do think just the fact you remembered and acknowledging it is enough. so i would say i simple card with some thoughtful words or maybe spending the day with your sister, or atleast giving her that option if she wanted company.

BellyBelly Member

Mar 2006

how about a star charm on a necklace to symbolise him always watching down over his mummy? Maybe get his name engraved on it too?

It's beautiful remembering your nephew

BellyBelly Member
    Add sepata on Facebook

Sep 2011
    Sydney

The star charm is a lovely idea, I really like that. My first thought was you might find one of those willow tree figurines that might be fitting.

It's a lovely gesture for your sister

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Jun 2008
    In snuggle land

The most important thing you can give her is a call or catch up with her face to face. A card, a small gift are all nice. Maybe a framed photo of her baby. The lead up will be rough, so just calling her will help.

Feb 2006
    Newcastle, NSW

My sister bought me a beautiful wooden carving of a mother holding a baby and their bodies formed a heart. It is such a special gift that is very dear to my heart.
    I would think a little ornament is perfect.

BellyBelly Member

Apr 2009

It's so lovely of you to want to do this. There is a lady n Perth who does photography for angel babies and writes names in the sand over sunset or pictures of butterflies etc. Her work is beyond amazing, extremely well priced and only for angel babies. If you google Carley Marie sea shores of rememberence you should be able t find it. Just a suggestion.

BellyBelly Member

Jun 2007
    Brisbane

A close girlfriend of mine birthed two sleeping boys a couple of years ago, plus an earthside princess (triplets). As a way of acknowledging the birth of all three babies, I found a beautiful swarovski (spl?) crystal dummy. It came with either a pink or blue ribbon attached (in my case I added the additional ribbons). Anyway, my friend said she treasured it and partly because I was one of so very few who acknowledged that she was also the mummy of two boys.

BellyBelly Member

Sep 2010
    North West Victoria, Australia

I got my sister a necklace from My Forever Child.
    It has some beautiful memorial jewellery.
    Last edited by LionsandBears; February 7th, 2013 at 04:18 PM. : removed dot com reference - see guidelines

BellyBelly Member
    Add Rach75 on Facebook

Oct 2005
    Moura, QLD, Australia

my mum and sister sent me flowers on Katy's proper EDD..also a friend gave me a beautiful willow firgurine of a mother holding a baby..

BellyBelly Member

Mar 2009

An uberkate necklace - beautiful circle with name and birthdates engraved. You can have additional circles added later. I reckon book in ahead to see your sister so she knows you want to spend time with her on his EDD. She may not want to but she will appreciate your efforts. xxxx

BellyBelly Member

Jan 2013

The most important thing you can give her is a call or catch up with her face to face. A card, a small gift are all nice. Maybe a framed photo of her baby. The lead up will be rough, so just calling her will help.
    I agree with this people avoid us around the dates we lost and our EDDs and its so lonely all I want is my mum to ring up and see how we are or come over and hug me