Thread: Anyone have experience with having tubes tied during c-section

Default Anyone have experience with having tubes tied during c-section

I was thinking of having my tubes tied with my csection. But I have been reading up about the side effects. Hormonal changes. Depression. Cysts. Heavier periods. Failure of procedure and pregnancy. The last thing I want is these hormones to stay the same or I get depression which is in my family..

Has anyone has this done and has side effects or know anything about this ?

Then I was thinking what happens if something happens with the baby .. God forbid.. And I have done something so perminate.

I had mine done via lap in March, and I have had no side affects. My periods only go for 3 days now, instead of a week but that could still be linked to breastfeeding.

I'm giving birth via c section in Nov and planning on having my tubes tied at the same time. We were planning on a vasectomy but after reading Kelly's thread about her partners side effects and looking into it a bit more we decided to go with the tubes instead. My OB says it's an extra 5 mins onto the c section ahjnd adds no extra recovery or anything.

Anyone else got experience? Any side effects from having tubes tied?

Couple of women at kinder pick up were talking about it, and there is a slightly lower success rate when the tubes are tied during a c section compared to at a time separate from the birth due to organs potentially being swollen from pregnancy and the surgery etc.

A friend of mine wanted her done with her c-section, but the OB refused due to the swelling in the area at time reducing the odd of the procedure being a success. She had it done as a separate procedure later