Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Tubes Tied.

Question Getting Tubes Tied.

We are done having Kids and I am really happy with that decision.

Im on the pill but since the birth of DS its really been playing funny buggas with my system and im having like 2 periods per month.

Im thinking about getting my tubes tied.... How do you go about that?

Also for those that have had it done what is the process... I dont really want to Dr Google!

TIA
    Kate

Funny you post this now.

I'm thinking of getting it done as well. Unfort I don't have private hospital cover do would need to go public which I understand there is a long waiting list.

Subbing to see replies as I have had enough of the headaches I get from any hormone contraception

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subbing, also interested in price and how much Medicare covers, if anything??

Ta!

Sent from DH's iPhone

A friend of mine is getting this done. As she is in her early twenties she had to go through several GP's before one would agree. The wait is not too long though, she has gone to her childhood GP in a small country town where the hospital has short waiting lists so she is only looking at 5 months wait. It could be 4 or 5 times that at the main hospital apparently.

I dont have private health cover either.

Ness - I also get head aches from the pill so I totally get that!

Thanks Trav - I also live in a small rural town but would have to go to the bigger town 15 mins down the road to get it done but that town is also classed as rural. I guess Ill make an appointment to see my GP - she is very much in agreement that 2 kids is enough so she maybe on my side.

Is it a key hole surgery??

Ladies, I'm curious and I hope you don't mind me asking - have you and your partners thought about DP getting his tubes tied?

From what I've heard (admittedly that isn't much), it's a much simpler and more straight-forward procedure with a quicker recovery time.

I'm genuinely curious and I really hope I don't upset anyone by asking.

Hey OP - yep we certainly have and he is willing to do that also... I guess im just exploring all avenues at the moment.

In that case I'd go with the vasectomy. It's a much less invasive surgery with a quicker recovery, and can often be done at GP surgeries if they have a minor surgery clinic. My hubby got it done on a Friday and was back at work on the Monday.

Jak- I think it's keyhole day surgery. There are a few different ways- cut and tie, burn or coils.
    Not keen in having any more foreign objects inserted into me so I would prefer the cut and tie version myself

OP- I know vasectomy is much less invasive but it's my decision to not have anymore kids and want a permanent procedure for that so I will have the surgery. For me I would just prefer for me to do it. Cause then I know. Lol not that he would lie about having it. its just a obsessive thing and I would be in control etc.

Jak, vasectomy is a very simple and much less dangerous procedure with less recovery time. It is also more effective.

Dp got it done and had 2 days off work, that was it.

Yeah I kinda agree Ness - I dont want any more kids just as much as DH so I guess its up to me as much as him. Hmmm if its keyhole then I dont think the recovery would be that bad? I had my gallbladder out via keyhole and I was up and about after a few days.

Im considering all options though so thank you all for your input!

Plus if I left it for DH to organize it would never happen because he just doesn't do things like that and I don't want to drag or have to take him along to app etc. Would just be easier for me to organize essentially.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

I get how you feel.

I am sick of taking mini pill and only been on it a few weeks as was sick of condoms!!

DH will NOT go get a vasectomy and that annoys me!!!!!!!!

But I also do not want to have surgery myself as I have had 2 CS, and he is the one not wanting anymore I would happily have a 3rd!

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix View Post
    Plus if I left it for DH to organize it would never happen because he just doesn't do things like that and I don't want to drag or have to take him along to app etc. Would just be easier for me to organize essentially.

This is what my friend says - she's just had her implanon thingy put in again and I asked why her DH doesn't get a vasectomy and she said the same thing

My DH can't wait to get it done - he hates condoms, the pills (both mini and combined) make me a moody so and so and counting days is ok when you are trying, but just annoying when you are not.

Hope you get some answers gals

Quote Originally Posted by feeb View Post
    DH will NOT go get a vasectomy and that annoys me!!!!!!!!

But I also do not want to have surgery myself as I have had 2 CS, and he is the one not wanting anymore I would happily have a 3rd!
    Yeah fair enough I think - his turn for a bit of a chop!

Can you tell him no slice, no dice?

I can't wait to get it done after this child is born. I don't want any more, and if we do it will be an IVF bubba. I need it done to ME, and not DH, because getting it done to me is closure on this s*****ty period of life. It wouldn't be the same closure if DH had the snip.

My DH took months to make the GP appointment just so he could get the referral to the surgeon (no clinics down here, only done in hospital). Then 3 months for the surgeon appt, then on the waiting list as urgent, took about a year all up and then he was one of the rare ones that got an infection. So it can take time, depending on your location.

I'm thinking of something like this too. I've floated the idea of a vasectomy to my DH but he doesn't seem keen even though we know we're definitely not having more kids.

So, incredibly dumb question time. If you have your tubes tied do you still have a period each month? I'm not sure if it stops everything or just conception IYKWIM. Mine are hellish, with migraines that come with them so it would be surgery for me rather than DH would be a small price to pay to put an end to all that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast