Oct 2006
    Adelaide, SA

Recovery length

Glad to hear you're on the mend!

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Apr 2006
    Winter is coming

Just thought I would add my experience.

I had my tubes clamped via keyhole surgery last week. I had no issues at all. Around my belly button was a bit tender that night and the next day but I didn't need any painkillers. By Day 3 there was just an occasional twinge with some movements. I had no shoulder pain at all, but my surgeon puts in a gas drain tube that is poking out of your belly button when you wake up and they pull it out before you go home - seems to have done the trick.

Jan 2008
    Central Coast NSW

Re: Recovery length

I'm just bumping this up. My tubes are being tied Wednesday and I'll have the kids by myself Thursday and will have to drive the boys to Daycare on Friday. Going by the experiences here it will be the shoulder tip pain that will cause the most trouble? Ive got heat packs at the ready - any other experiences or tips appreciated [emoji1]

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2006
    Adelaide, SA

I had mine done around a year and a half ago. I was in a moderate amount of pain that day/night and stayed in bed most of the next day, it wasn't terribly painful but if u were to over do it, it would be a different story I think.

Honestly if I were you I'd be looking for someone to give u a hand with the kids at least for the day after the surgery.

I was back to normal within about 3 days

Jan 2008
    Central Coast NSW

Thanks Jaycee. I'm planning to camp on the lounge room floor with the kids for the day. My DS1 who is 5 is planning to be my helper for the day

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2006
    Adelaide, SA

Good luck, hope it all goes well xx

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Apr 2006
    Winter is coming

Hope the op went well and you manage to have an easy day tomorrow.

Jan 2008
    Central Coast NSW

Thanks I'm doing ok, a bit tender but no pain. Some mild shoulder ache overnight but all gone this morning! The hardest part is the emotional side, as much as I definitely don't want to have more children, the thought of that part of my life being officially and permanently over is making me a bit sad

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2006
    Adelaide, SA

I went through the same thing and still do to some degree, definitely don't regret it though, just s little sad it went by so quickly! Big hugs!

BellyBelly Member

Apr 2010

deleted
    Last edited by deletedit; August 8th, 2016 at 04:00 PM.