Thread: Tubal ligation questions

Default Tubal ligation questions

Something I've been pondering since reading a recent thread...

IF I have to have a c/s and my ob is happy to do a tubal ligation (and it's all a big IF right now)

- Will it take longer for me to recover from a c/s?

- Can it happen if I have a classic (vertical) incision?

- How will it affect AF (considering AF for me is already around 7-10 days in a 28 cycle and very heavy for around 3-4 days of that)

- Are there extra cost involved, or are costs merged with the cost of the c/s?

- Anything else you can tell me?

We don't want any more children after this one. We always said we'd just have a maximum of two kids. DD's pregnancy was stressful and this one is worse and I'm not prepared to go through it again. DH is happy to have a vasectomy but if I'm already open on a table it seems a bit insane to not have it done. If I have a vaginal delivery, he will have the vasectomy. We're both over 30. I haven't been on any contraception for about 8 years and don't really want to go down that path. I'm seeing the ob this afternoon, but thought I'd get some feedback first if anyone has had it done. TIA.

I can only answer some of your questions and iys only based on women i have looked after who have done just that.. Opted to have it done if they end up having a csec.
    You should have a good chat with your gp/ob first in terms if 'yes we have deff finished our family' etc. in terms of consent and if you are going public it might be worth sussing out because in the public system you cant guarentee who will be on that day etc... So they might not do it if you tell them at the time if they dont know who youve discussed it with etc... (out where i am the gps do the surgery so is simpler) did all that make sense?
    in terms of hormones and af you will still get your period as they leave your overies so all the normal hormones are still releaded and you still ovulate and produce a lining etc.. The only thing is does is cut the bridge so the egg and sperm cant get to eachother. your egg you release just gets reabsorbed by your body.

Sorry i cant remember the rest of your question now and cause im on my phone i cant check =p

Ps recovery ~ i havent noticed any difference in the women i have looked after.
    And yes can still happen in a classical csec.
    sent via my vortex manipulator!

Also subbing. I'm hoping I don't have a CS, but if I do, I definitely want to snip my tubes .

Saw the OB and naturally forgot all of my questions

He said he has no issue doing it if I have a c/s, said it wouldn't be any problem. He said that I wouldn't need a vertical incision so there's nothing to worry about there.

At the moment, nothing has changed with the placenta, so at this point in time it's looking like a c/s.

Teirae - I'm private, so will be seeing the same OB. Thanks for the info.