Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Fudge Recipe - Originally Posted by Mel

Oh. My. God.

It is the BEST!!!!!!!! I made it with cooking chocolate, but not the compound stuff, the choc buds, mixed half milk and half dark, put in raspberries and m&ms. Drool much!!!!!

Ava loves the dairy free one but i'm not so sure myself.. i think personally i NEED the full on CHOC hit that comes from real heavy dark choc.. not the dairy free stuff...
    Should have put raspberries in with it or something.

You can also serve it as hot fudge sauce. Yummo

I just wanted to come in and say thank you for this yummy recipe .

I made it for christmas day...and it was a real winner...everybody LOVED it!!!

I did 2 variations of it:-

The dark chocolate and peppermint crisp one.

And I'm not sure if anyone else had tried this....hence why I thought I'd share....just in case but I did a

Lemon Meringue Fudge......it was even yummier !!! (though I didn't have as many testers on this)

I actually wasn't sure if it turned out ok so didn't take it to my family gathering...as when I made it - I kept tasting it to be sure but I just didn't think there was enough lemon to it. But turns out my tastebuds that evening when I made it was playing up (I had a bit of a sore throat anyway). But when I was clearing out the fridge to go away I gave it to my parents and they all...including my dad - who rarely eats sweets LOVED it!!!

So with the Lemon Meringue I used... along with the tin of condensed milk, 75gms of butter -
    I used 500gms of white chocolate instead
    and started with 1/2 teaspoon of lemon essence (instead of the vanilla).
    I added about another tablespoon of lemon essence, but was scared of it turning to runny, so I then decided to use the rind of 1 lemon, but still didn't think it was lemony enough...and didn't have any more lemons so I took the chance and squeezed the juice of the rindless lemon in too...it was not runny at all.

A couple of days later...I got around to properly tasting it a few days later and it was definitely lemony (not overly strong either...so I think when I make it again...because I will it was that yummy...I might use another lemon rind maybe....will just keep tasting to be sure though...ahh the things you gotta do when cooking ).

To finish it off I had made up some meringue (just the egg whites and castor sugar mix and into the oven for 10mintues) and placed it on top (though because I didn't think it had worked I think I waited too long to put the meringue on...cause it kept sliding off...might have to do so when both are still warm I think...unless someone here can recommend something ).

So once again thank you for such an easy and yummy dessert .

just put a fesh batch in the fridge, i loooove this recipe!!! so so easy and so so delish!

oh geez...i haven't made this since i did my last post (which was when i got a little obsessed with it...lol)....now i want some! guess what I'll be making again in the next few days :-)

Bec sent this from her Samsung using Tapatalk.

I this recipe!!!! Made it at Christmas and just whipped some up for dessert tomorrow

Default Fudge Recipe - Originally Posted by Mel

Hi girls....quick question about fudge.

I made this the other day...and you are all right...bloody deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelicious!

However, does fudge normally melt?

I left a few pieces in a container on the couch, and came back an hr or so later and they had melted a lil bit. Like sticky melted, not into a chocolate pool or anything..

Have I done something wrong? Or is this normal?

Just made this, its setting in the fridge. Sprinkled with silver cachous, looking very pretty. DH is excited lol

Bump!

Default Re: Fudge Recipe - Originally Posted by Mel

Am making this today for dd's preschool teachers

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567