Thread: Olaf birthday Cake

Default Olaf birthday Cake

Hi Ladies,

I have come to question the collective brilliance of BB resident brilliant bakers

I'm thinking of making the boys an Olaf cake for their birthday. I'm tossing up between a 3D one and just making a normal cake a doing an Olaf figurine on the top.

Which do you think would be easier??

If making a 3D one do you think it would work better (shape wise) to use one of those cake tins that you'd use for a dolls dress or maybe even a pudding tin? Or just normal round cakes???

Thanks in advance ladies

Default Re: Olaf birthday Cake

You could do a semi 3D one by stacking some round/oval cakes side-by-side, add arms & face details with fondant. Easy as.

Search queen of cakes on face book - she did one recently that is awesome!
    But if you need a dolly vardon tin, let me know because I have one here

DH wanted us to do an Olaf cake for DD's Frozen party, but he was thinking more regular snowman - it's easy enogh to do two half circle cakes and join them, then again and put on top. But I said no unless it looks like real Olaf, feet and all lol.

I think the easiest option would be to make round/square/rectangle cakes and cut out the shapes. So it's more 2D than 3D, he's lying flat on the board instead of standing up. That's how I did the Iggle Piggle cake.

Dh thinks I should just do a 2D version. Thinks it would be easier.

I convinced them to have this because their suggestions were a dinosaur train cake (ds5) and George pig (ds3)

My Mum & Dad made a train cake for my brother, that's hard enough without adding dinosaurs lol! If I were doing George Pig he'd be 2D too. Although, DD originally wanted a Peppa party and I was going to do a cake that was like the hill they live on, with their house at the top and some muddy puddles.

I am a big fan of the printed edible icing Parties are a lot of work and I think the kids are just as happy with a picture on a cake.

I often do a choc ripple cake, lay out the biscuits in design you want cover with the cream (colored to suit design) and then some detail using roll out icing if necessary.