Thread: If you have a DD who is 12yo or 15yo.....

Default If you have a DD who is 12yo or 15yo.....

.....Could you give me some suggestions of what they might like from their Aunty for Christmas

I really am at a loss of what to buy my nieces this year.

They are both into netball, are slim athletic girls. I have no idea what books or music they like. Last year I bought them Nutrimetics Body Wash/Soap/etc sets in groovy toiletry bags which were well received.

They live 2 hours out of Melbourne so not sure about Movie tickets or experiences etc

Any ideas would be appreciated

Do they have a handbag?

Funky hat?

Sunnies?

How much would something a bit retro like a Polaroid camera be?

Ipod nano/shuffle? With a quality head phone set? (Touch is more $$ & not so tough. Its more a parents pressie IMO coz of camera & net accessibility)

Camera
    Jewelery &/or quality jewelry box
    Straightener/dryer
    Storage trunks

DD1 is getting ipod touch & ipod dock/stereo speaker set. She got straightener & dryer for her birthday.
    I want to also try get her storage trunks for her room. They have some awesome ones for that age group.

Mine sounds very similar to your niece's. Fit & loves her netball. Not sure about them, but my DD loves her netball association t shirt & would love more (they're not cheap!) So that might be an idea if they don't already have them. It may be a bigger deal in my house though being a single parent family. Some kids are lucky & have that kind of stuff

Teenagers are fickle but gift vouchers are generally well received. An iTunes voucher, boxed DVD set, sports bag, hair products, perfume, good quality sports socks and bras that they can't get where they are eg lululemon.

A pre paid Visa card, supre, iTunes, diva, jay jays vouchers.

The Ja'mie series should be out on DVD for Christmas, if they're into that. Or any other Chirs Lilley series. My dd watches summer heights high over and over.

Perfume, nail polish, make up, hair accessories,

Jewellery.

Headphones

My DD is 12 and here is her wish list -
    Beach towel & new bathers
    An Ice Watch - Aqua
    A bridle for her horse
    A horse diary for next year
    Geelong football top
    Geelong football membership
    Horse riding lesson vouchers
    Vouchers for fun things, movies, adventure park, pool, etc
    My netball girls all love the Nike drink bottles from the sports shop
    Gift vouchers from clothes shops

My nieces are 14 and 15. They love anything from Cotton On or Forever New. Handbag is a good option if they don't have one, or a new purse - just make sure it's 'cool' and not one for a nanna! Itunes gift cards are always an good standby if they have an ISomething. Magazine subscription? New bathers? How much do you want to spend? What about a voucher for a local hairdresser to go and have a cut and blow dry? Most teens love a bit of pampering!

My sisters 14, fit and a dancer. Shes all about clothes. New swimmers are a great suggestion. Summer sandals. Pretty hair clips. Summer dress. Jewellery. She loves making things too and you can get these little hand sewing kits that make little soft animals. She loves those.

Cold hard cash and a promise to take them to the Boxing Day sales :-)

I'd say gift vouchers are definitely a winner. There are lots of great suggestions above. One thing I don't think I saw were new thongs? Havanas are always a hit...

Mani or pedi from a local beauty salon.

If they have phones, new cases or accessories.

Perfume.

Pamper pack - latest girly DVD, chocolate, face masks.

Giving them an experience that they would have locally - like horse trail riding.

I've just had this conversation about my 13 yo boy cousin. His mum said vouchers for iTunes, EB games, or comedy or documentary DVDs. But vouchers were the emphasis.

Default Re: If you have a DD who is 12yo or 15yo.....

Their Mum, my SIL, is a hairdresser/beautician so I'll skip those ideas hehehehe

I ended up buying them personalised diaries aimed at tweens/teens - hoping they like them!