Thread: Bonding stage

Default Bonding stage

i would like to know how u can keep ur baby skin to skin with u for as long as u want coz last time they took him when i was being stitched up for a tear then they weighed him gave him his hepB and vitK needles can this be delayed so i can try to establish BF before i shower etc? does anyone know how i can ask for this?

Put it in your birth plan and tell the midwives that this is what you want. It shouldn't be a problem if you and bub are both well.
    After I had my DD she was placed in my arms and on my chest, we sat for a little while before hopping out of the birth pool and I birthed the placenta on a birthing stool, then went and sat down with her on a bean bag with a blanket over us and gave her her first feed. It wasn't until after that that I got stitched up and they weighed her and DP got his first cuddle. HTH

:yeahthat:

Putting it in your birth plan is a good idea - as long as u remember to give them ur birth plan - i forgot !
    However Miss B was handed to me straight away and i had her the whole time i was birthing the placenta and being stitched, once that was done and a bit of clean up was done they left DH, DD and I for awhile, than came back to weigh her and DH bathed her!

With both of my girls, I lifted them up onto my chest as they were born and that's where they stayed for about an hour or so with cuddles and a feed. I was able to birth the placenta doing this.
    Just put it in your birth plan or let the midwives know when you're in labour what you want.

I agree just have it in your birth plan, tell them that is what you are doing and thats the end of it lol just make sure you dh knows this is your plan and make sure he steps in at the time if anything happens to go against this.

Also look in your area to see if there are any breastfeeding friendly hospitals, they have to encourage this special skin to skin time. If they go to take him just tell them you don't want them too.

Unless there is a probably there is no reason why all these things can't wait

yeah i think they do but i didnt really know wat i was doing to ask for it i sorta just went with it