Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Breast Crawl at Birth - See the Breast Crawl (online clip)

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Well girls, I finally got to do a breast crawl of my own! Well worth it!!! It took him an hour or so(they are big mountains he had to climb!lol) but well worth no drugs to make it happen!

Well done Relle. I can't wait to hear all about it

OK, I'm off to bed now but seriously going to have to watch this after reading all of your reactions!

I saw something like this when pg with Sarah but she had to have oxygen 4 15 mins n I had 2 get stitched which took an hour in total b4 we were both ready to try. the version I saw was from the Netherlands n in a hospital so it was good to c the similar environment to an aussie hospital doing that. Hopefully I will b able to do it this time. I know I can do it drug free - but only in the bath!

YummyMummy Guest

That is so beautiful I shall try that out in about 12 weeks time...... The hands still smell of the amniotic fluid so when baby touches the breast the breast does to!! Mother Nature at her finest

yvonne_smith75 Guest

This is absolutely facsinating...It made me cry ...

I could only watch the video without sound but i thought it was great. I would really like to try this out but as someone sadi before i don't knwo about everyone being in the room maybe just me, DP and my mum. I think it is a special moment that should be shared with the 2 people i love the most. Will elt you know how it goes it 7 months time hahahaha Well done to the mums that have already tried this out.

hi tracey, your kids are beautiful and the wedding photo is great. Where do you live now? Do you and the kids speak Indonesian/Balinese?

I ask because I live in Brisbane with my Indonesian husband (he's Betawi) our son Olly. We have another baby due in January (no idea what to call him) and we are lucky enought to have quite a few friends here in campur marriages with beautiful little Indo babies. They are Acehnese, Timorese, Sundanese and Betawi.

It's great to meet you!
    Lara

jcared Guest

Smile breast crawl

Wow that was an amazing video, i cant believe the baby knew what to do how cute. I would like to try that.

I did infant lead attachment with my son and it was absolutely amazing. It took him almost an hour, and my Doula taped most of it but I haven't watched the tape back. When I get around to doing my birth story I'll write about it. It was the most unreal thing to experience, he knew exactly what to do.

Lv Spring

awesome!!

*bump*

So has anyone else tried it? We're thinking of giving it a go when our little princess arrives

We kind of attempted it Sarah. Abbey made her way to it with her head eventually. It is hard to do sitting up in a pool though

Yes, we did it Sarah - it was absolutely fantastic!!

After DD was born we first had cuddles, and then i think DH had some cuddles whilst they were finishing off the stitching. Then my obs left and the nurse and Kelly helped me to take off my top and were there to help me (i felt pretty weak from everything, and i was worried if he rolled to the side i wouldn't catch her)... It took a little while (maybe 20-30 mins in total?), for her to work her way up my stomach and find the breast, and then she needed a bit of help shaping the breast to latch on (she was very small - 2770g so we gave her a bit of help!), but once she was on she was going great guns!

She had both sides (Kelly even missed out on a cuddle), and then less than an hr later had another feed (greedy guts!)... It was so incredible to watch her, she knew what to go for and exactly what to do... And it seemed so much more gentle than with DS where the nurse just kind of forced his head on.

She was been a great feeder ever since - i highly recommend trying it, and i can't wait to do it with the rest of my babies

Also, the nurse told me as they push down on your stomach with their feet it is right on the fundus of your uterus so it helps it to contract straight after birth!

I recommend doing it lying down in bed, and take your time, have some cuddles first and then try it when there are less people in the room and its a bit quieter and relaxed! Can't wait to hear the great news from you.

So Yael was that back at the ward or in the labour/delivery room? And did you have it in your birth plan? I've already given mine to the hospital & didn't have it in there.

I thought that this was what happend when babies were born full stop (excl cs). I didn't know that this wasn't the "done thing".
    I've been at 4 births (3 of them mine!) and I've never seen it done differently.

So I can tell you, it can be done in ANY position, anywhere and any place a baby has been born. I was squatting on the floor with DD1, they did whisk her up to the heat thing for a minute but I got annoyed and told them to give her back (ah, the arrogance of youth in a private hospital!). I was still on the floor then was helped up to the bed where we continued chest/booby contact.

DS1 was born on the bed, and I'd like to introduce you to the COMMANDO breast crawl. He was born rather quickly, when the midwife lifted him up I leaned forward and pulled him to my tummy. My sister couldn't believe it when he gave an almightly kick and boosted himself up using legs and elbows and latched on. Took him about 4 seconds and he was attaching himself.

DD2 was born in the water, straight to my chest where she stayed until.....

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT! I have always worn something (if at all) that opens right up at the front, and I ony give bubs up for weighing etc when I feel like it.

Go Sarah!

Sarah, i did in in the delievery room, before i got up and had a shower. I didn't have it in my birth plan, but luckily the very pro-natural midwife i had, and Kelly, suggested it to me before i delievered.

It shouldn't be a big deal, it doesn't take much for them to do, and they would be there helping you feed anyway, so i would just go for it (maybe mention it to them when you get there in labour?)

This was all discussed at our ABA meeting last month. Thankfully one of the midwives doing talk is on of my CMP midwives and the other may end up being my doula (depending on when bubs comes). So really nice to now that I will be surrounded by those who know it and appreciate it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast