Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: premature pushing

Default Re: premature pushing

I had the uncontrollable urge to pugs with my first but still had a lip so had to hold off but didn't get the urge with my second but was completely ready both only took 10 mins to push out

I had the urge my whole labour. I had to fight my body the whole time and it was hard. When I was fully and I could push it was so much easier I could just let go and turn off and my body did it all. That urge was so strong there was no denying it. I only needed to push for 20mins..

No urge with me for my first either, I even wrote in my bith story that I didn't feel it, like everyone tells you to expect it, for me never occurred. But we are all different

So may different scenarios. I never thought about the MW checking that I was fully dilated and ready to go. That also makes me feel better! I had almost 2 hours of contractions at home and I was 6cm when I was admitted. I was ecstatic when I found I was already 6cm But 11 hours on and still waiting i just wanted it to end.

Thanks for your replies ladies, I know every birth is different, but I feel more confident about the whole experience

I didn't feel the 'urge' to push with any of my older 3. It was 'you're 10 cm start pushing'.

With dd3 though, wow. I felt a bit pushy but it wasn't what I thought it was. It was pressure in my pelvis/back from her being posterior. When a VE showed slight swelling to my cervix I knew it was too early & stopped.

I never had an urge to push. My body just naturally started pushing on its own when it was ready. Was an unreal feeling! I actually yelled out 'holy sh**' as I felt my body take over, because it took me by surprise.

I had had the feeling before. When my others were crowning & I was told to stop/slow down. It was impossible to hold back at that point. My body was doing the job on its own.

Bub was also posterior when I got the holy crap pushy feeling and same with another friend of mine but with second who was anterior no pushy feeling

Hmmm, I had an anterior placenta....

My first i pushed and couldnt stop it, no matter how hard i tried. Took.an.hour and 20 to get Dj out
    My second was that 'need to poo' feeling. Four pushes latet vic flew out
    My third nuthin' til my waters broke then it was uncontroled pushing a whole 90seconds may 3mins of it.. and Miss bugs emerged.

For my DD2 (first labour) my body did it all of it's own accord. I didn't realise what was happening until a few cx had passed (anterior placenta). Completely uncontrollable. Took me 50 mins but it was hard work and I put in a lot of effort.

DD3 it's kinda hard to say. She was crowning without me feeling any pushing, pressure, burning, or coming down (I had cx, but nothing that indicated she was even close). I gently pushed her out, so it was half my body and half me trying to manage it as slowly as I could. Def couldn't stop my body though. No real effort at all, I feel like I cheated at birth... (No idea on placenta, it was fairly low at 20wks and I think posterior because I could feel everything at the front).

You're right, Tasha. Different for every woman and even every birth.

Definitely different for each birth. As I said, DD1, 1 hour and 40 mins pushing, DD2, 6 mins

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12