Thread: quick one about pap smear and thrush

clare076 Guest

Default quick one about pap smear and thrush

OK, I was just thinking today (I think I may have the dreaded thrush) Why is it that when you use the applicator you should only insert it half way, but a doc can put a great big cold metal speculum up there and scrap your cervix during a pap smear?

Surely if either were going to cause a problem it would be the pap smear not the applicator, I mean it's not really that big, and it doesn't touch the cervix like a pap does.

Any views

I guess the difference is the doctor can see when they're getting close to the cervix but some ppl might just jam the applicator in too hard/too far. Anyway the cream sort of manages to find its way to the right place anyway, doesn't it?

Clare it pays to be cautious with that applicator when pg anyway. I always thought if it goes in half way, once you depress the plunger, the treatment will be in just the right spot.

clare076 Guest

Mary-dean - Yeah I suppose, I never thought of it that way. I just saw the size of the applictor and thought "are you kidding" They actually look smaller now than when I was preganant with Shelby, so half way didn't seem much.

I figured the cream would make it's way to the right spot

I was told to not even use the applicator thing for the thrush cream when pregnant... I got told to just put the cream on with my fingers on the outside bits and a little bit inside as well.