Thread: Thrush during pregnancy

Default Thrush during pregnancy

Hi All

I have had fairly bad thrush for a little while now (2weeks+). I went to the chemist last week and they said I couldn't use anything with a applicator or pretty much anything bare anti-fungal cream applied by using a finger and giving my lady bits a good swirl around with the cream

A week later and I still have thrush. I don't think I can get the cream in fair enough to get the infection.

Any other ideas what I can do? I do have some inner health tablets but I have a MAJOR issue atm swallowing any tablets as they make me gag and throw up

TIA!

Homemade yogurt on your pink bits. You can also put a garlic clove up there too (just make sure to out some thread through it to make it like a tampon so it's easy to pull out). An inner health plus and a yeast-free or reduced diet might help too.

Oh you poor thing I had the same thing recently, I was against using the applicator too but after discussing it with the lady pharamcist she said if it is severe then you need internal. She told me to put the applicator only half way in (you will know if it is to deep) and the applicator will fill the canal right up to the infection, leave over night. It works wonders and my baby girl is fine

Also what Yeddi said lots of yogurt internally and eating it. Hope it goes away soon.x

My OB said the applicator was fine for me to use, just don't put it 100% of the way in. I have used it twice now with no probs.

Also what helped me was inner-health plus, more yoghurt, less sugar. Once I needed a steroid cream as my scratching had irritated my vagina so much that it helped the thrush thrive.

I too was told the applicator was fine as long as you dont go too far in.

Hope it clears soon for u. Thrush sucks.... i had it after every dose of AB's last pregnancy.. so about 5 times!

I had it with DD1 and also used the applicator with no issues. Also make sure you treat your DP too otherwise you will keep getting it when you DTD.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nai View Post
    I had it with DD1 and also used the applicator with no issues. Also make sure you treat your DP too otherwise you will keep getting it when you DTD.
    ha I am 23w pregnant. I ain't interested hehe

Thanks everyone and thanks for the link Kelly