Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Acupuncture success after a zillion miscarriages!

waiting patiently Guest

Hi Vanaithi,

When i saw my accupuncturist we spoke to him about having herbal concoctions. He said at this point he would not like me to have any just to continuewith accupuncture and eaiting only cooked warm food no salads, fruits etc. I saw my OB today and he said the same. Everyone is different. Good luck with your journey)

hi girls,

ive been seeing a chinese herbalist/ap in Melbourne that was recommended to me by one of the ladies here on BB. He helped her fall pg on the first cycle of seeing him.
    Ive been seeing him now for 2 cycles. I also have been told similar things to all of you, re no cold foods. ive also been told nothing too sweet or too sour. Im 3DPO at the moment, so ill keep you posted how i go this month!
    ive been having AP as well as herbs some weeks, and not others, depending on what my speen and kidneys are doing that week...!!

waiting patiently Guest

Hi Tina_K,

Thanks for your info!!! good luck and please keep us informed

hi ladies

i started seeing a chinese herbalist about a week and a half ago. she has started me on herbs only for now but may look at acupuncture if she thinks i need it. she didn't say anything about cold foods, only to avoid products with yeast and any white rice or pasta, and to have heaps of vegetables, fish and lots of water. she has had a lot of success with women with fertility issues so i am really confident with her. so far i feel really energised and healthy from the herbs and diet, and my skin is really clear. a big part of it is that she wants me to relax, so far i have been very relaxed and calm.

lets hope we all have some success stories of our own soon

hello ladies!

my herbalist didnt say anything about what to eat & what not, just gave me 10 bundles & after im done with them to come back & he'll check my pulses & see what happens then. im going to grill him about it all when i see him next..

but my cousin, who had 3 m/c, said not to drink anything cold - that probably applies to food as well - during prg, i didnt know that you cant eat fruit.. i guess everything you eat when prg has to be cooked... she said thats why i mc... but the herbalist said its cos of my weak kidneys...

hmmm.. im not sure if the herbalist guy im seeing is renowned for fertility, but im sure they all know the same thing about herbs & what they're good for, & we'll see if it all works in a few months hey... besides, he sells them for cheaper than elsewhere!

waiting patiently Guest

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is keeping well. Just thought i would share with you some interesting info.. I started my warm food diet reccomended by the accupuncturist 3 days ago and i do feel a difference in the temperature in my hands, they are usually always very cold and appear to be a fair bit warmer... interesting! I have been drinking lots of tea and having lots of soups.

Hope you all have a good week

hey girls

just wondering if anyone else has had quite negative reactions from people when you tell them you are seeing a herbailst/acupuncturist for fertility?

we have only told a couple of friends who we thought were close friends and both have been extremely negative- even saying things like "why don't you pay me to help you have a baby, i'll give you the best advice, just stop thinking about it"

i have been feeling really strong and positive lately but am still struggling not to feel hurt or take these things on board. i am so sick of people thinking all we have to do is stop thinking about it, and telling me they know nothing is medically wrong with me. I know my hormones are out of whack, i have had two miscarriages for gods sake, i know my own body, and i know if it where as simple as not thinking about it we would be pregnant by now!

i just wish people could be happy for us that we are trying something different and giving it a go and not feel the need to rain on our parade.

anyway, this turned into more of a vent than intended, any advice?

pb star: i dont have any advice, but wanted to say that i have avoided telling friends for that same reason...i know that people will be critical...so i have decided to mostly just keep it to myself and only tell those who will be supportive...we dont need any negativity in our lives right now...this journey is difficult enough as it is....

waiting patiently Guest

Wink

Hi pbstar,

We made the decision not to tell anyone apart from our immediate family about our sitution. Yesterday we went for an IVF counselling session and one of our discussions was regarding peoples reactions to what we are going through... we spoke about how no matter how hard our family, friends and loved ones try to understand and be supportive until you have actaully experienced the same situation you can neverfully understand. I would say unfortunatelly for those around you who have quite negative reactions to you seeing a herbailst/acupuncturist for fertility it would only be due to a lack of understanding your situation.

The nost important thing is for you to worry about yourself and believe me I know its hard but to try not let people get you down. You have to be comfy with what you are doinng and I know from my perspective you never want to say I should have tried this or that.

Good luck and keep smiling

thanks tina and wp for your advice and support

it's true, people just don't understand, they are not trying to be malicious or purposely be hurtful.

i just need to focus on the good things, like my wonderful DH who is being a huge support. at least there is someone going through it all with me.

hope you are both well

waiting patiently Guest

Hi ladies,

Hope you are all doing well. Just an update went for accupuncture today and also started my spray for IVf today. It was interesting to see my accupuncturist looked at my tongue today and he sumed my week up perfectly said I am a little grumpy correct and a little anxious correct too

I am still continuing on my no fresh fruit and veg and no cold food diet. Hope to hear from some of you soon

hey waiting patiently,

isn't it amazing that he could tell your moods just by looking at your tongue?

when does your ivf start?

my herbs seem to be helping, my cycle has gone down to 28 days which is what my herbalist was aiming for. af has also been and gone, only lasted 2 and a bit days with very heavy bright red bleeding, whereas before it was more brownish (sorry TMI) and lasted for a week. the herbalist also mentioned this is what she wanted to happen so i guess all is going to plan.

how's the diet going, is it hard to stick to? are you still noticing your hands are a lot warmer?

waiting patiently Guest

Hi pbstar!
    Hope you are doing well.
    It is amazing what he coul tell by looking at my tongue. I am now on my 3rd cycle of IVF. started the spray again yesterday, apart from the occassional hot flush all is good. I know it sounds terrible but im kind of used to it now

How re things going with you? Are you feeling ok?

The diet is good the hardest part is the no fresh fruit and salad 9 I love it) I spoke to my AP yesterday and he said if i want salad just put it in the microwave for 20 seconds to take any chills off it.... interesting.

I got the ivf newsletter today and I see the are going to be having a full time accupuncturist working on the premises... Interesting!!!!!

Keep smiling and lets remain positive!!! hope all goes well speak soon

hi wp,

how's your week going?

i don't know too much about IVF, what is the spray for? hot flushes are awful, i was getting them quite a bit over the past few months because i think my hormones were out of whack. since i started on the herbs though haven't really had any- another sign the herbs are working? have had BT's recently to check hormone levels too and all are ok

hmm have you tried the microwave salad? don't know if i could stomach it but i guess 20 seconds won't warm it that much. i would find no salad hard too, i love salads.

no real news from me, am about to hit o time so will be busy trying to catch the egg! go back to my herbalist in a couple of weeks so i am really looking forward to it, i felt so good after last appt.

hope everything is going well with you

waiting patiently Guest

Hi pbstar,

Nice to hear from you. i am glad that you are feeling good!!! I have had a good week. Saw my Accupuncturist on Mon he was really happy with my pulse and tongue! All my blood tests came back really good too. Had blood test this morning to see when i need to start injections for Ivf 9 (spray is to down regulate hormones) I start injections tommorow yay!!! getting closer to egg collection!!

Its been interesting this time round I have had different side effects to my previous ivf cycles this time spray making me feel nausiace ( excuse spelling hahah) but if things go well hopefully thats a feeling i may need to get used to

Good luck with catching that egg Hope you have a great week!!! let me know how your going!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123