Thread: Advice on what to do next

Default Advice on what to do next

I am a bit lost at the moment and could do with some advice on what steps I should take next.

DH and I have been TTC since April 2010. After living in denial about how long it was taking I finally made an appt with a FS in May this year and was booked in for a lap for the next month. That was the same cycle I got my long awaited BFP so the lap was cancelled. Unfortunately the pg ended in a mc at 9 weeks. Now I don't know what to do. Do I call the FS and book everything in again or do I just keep ttc and see what happens? I know this sounds silly but I actually feel embarrassed to call the FS and make another appointment after cancelling everything.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Em,

So sorry you have an angel baby ((hugs)). Don't feel silly or embarrassed about calling the FS. Have another appt with the FS and discuss the lap and other possible treatments. The FS see so many women & men these days - to call up and explain what happened will be usual business to them.

I'd call and re-book everything. There was presumably a reason for booking it in the first place?

We had a natural conception (our first ever BFP, after 2.75 years TTC) after 3 failed IVF and it ended in m/c. We still went back to IVF. When that didn't work, we changed to a new Dr and did a lap (diagnosed and removed endo) and DD was conceived (via IVF) only 2 months after the lap!

Just because we had gotten a BFP once, didn't mean I didn't need a lap.

Thanks for the replies girls.

Juniper- the FS wanted to have a look and see if there was anything affecting our fertility. They don't think I have endo as I have zero symptoms but he wanted to have a good look and flush my tubes etc before we looked at assisted conception. I think your last line summed it up though I am hanging onto the hope that I got a natural BFP but it doesn't mean that any fertility problems have gone away.

I will call the FS tomorrow and make an appointment.

yeah, I reckon the FS will barely notice! when I first started seeing my FS, I don't think he even remembered who I was, I had to explain where we were at at each meeting! besides, there is nothing to be embarrassed about - you came for advice, didn't need it... but now you do again....

So sorry for your lost sweetie, it's really hard, especially when you have been trying for a while.