Thread: Am I?

Default Am I?

Hi ladies, hope your all well. I started my first round of clomid as I have PCOS and am overweight. I havent had a full cycle of it before. Im due to test next saturday (HPT), had my day 21 bloods done.
    I have been so bloody tired, Normally im awake at 5 with hubby, normally in bed about 11 but do work night shifts. I have NEVER slept at work (we do have an hour brake) and last night I was out to it at 3-4:30, I slept through my alarm!
    I have been getting hot flushes, moody and headaches. I believe these are normal with clomid?

I am so anxious to do a test as I get my hopes up so much.
    Oh and Im eating way more than usual.
    Do you think these symptoms could just be the clomid, Ovulation or a BFP??

Any stories or experiences with clomid would be great xx

I haven't had Clomid before but those symptoms are exactly the same as my g/f described when she was taking it.

Fingers crossed you have a BFP in just a few short days.

I had these symptoms with clomid.

Good luck!

They do sound like common clomid s/e. I didn't get them (my body decided rare s/e would be more exotic!), but I've had plenty of other women describe their experience like that.

Keeping my FX for you, Shan.

hi ladies, didnt O this month even with clomid. more blood tests to make sure i didnt O late. feeling very disheartened by it :-(

Sorry to hear that, hun.

What dose were you on? Maybe a higher dose will work better for you? A close friend of mine has annov PCOS and she didn't O her first cycle of clomid, but she O'd and got a BFP on a higher dose the next cycle.

If the clomid doesn't work for you, you could ask your Dr about Femara. It's not as common, but I know some doctors have started prescribing it instead of clomid. Otherwise you start looking at injects.

And if those options don't work, then (and I hate to say this) you probably need to work at losing some weight (depending on how much overweight you are). Some women just simply won't O unless they do that. I know it's hard and it's something I'm struggling with myself (I may well weigh more than you, so I'm not some skinny chick lecturing you about being overweight, I do understand and I'm definitely not judging you), but I have another friend who just wasn't O'ing no matter what meds she used and she lost some weight and got a BFP. Each of us has a different threshold at which our body will stop O'ing and, as unfair as it is, someone bigger than you can be very fertile while you don't O, just because their threshold is higher.

Hi, I was on 50mg a day, day 2-5 i think. Iv lost 38kg since my miscarriage so my doc is happy with that. I am going to call him tomorrow or tuesday and see what he says.
    Im hoping he says a higher dose.

I want to go back on Duromine as thats worked well for me but isnt used during pregnancy so do want to use it whilst trying.

I will let u all know xx

Wow! That's a great effort!

Hi ladies, Just called my FS, she said on day 21 my level was 1.1 :-( monday it was 1.4. She said Iv got to do weekly blood tests until I get AF, but due to PCOS I need to go back on primult to get it. I already feel like a pin cusion :-(

Sorry to hear that, Shan. 50mg is a normal starting dose and is a low dose. Will you use 100mg next cycle? FX AF shows up quickly for you. It's no fun being a pincushion.

I got crazy hot flushes on chlomid. As in, sweating right through my work blouses, etc, for 10 minutes, and then fine for 30 mins or a few hours, and then more hot flushes. And I don't normally sweat much, unless I'm doing a serious work out at the gym ... I don't remember any other specific side effects ... maybe headaches?

But I got UTD on the first round

Even though the Dr said I hadn't ovulated

GL

Wow! wish I was UTD, now u got me thinking lol
    Im going for a 35 day blood work up, then start on 100mg a day once AF shows up.
    They said the go to a max of 200mg then look at injections and IVF

Default Am I?

Wow 38kg is a fantastic job well done I hope it all work out for you

Hi ladies,just to update, I didnt O last time, spoke to the FS and he said primolt again for 5 days (I have PCOS so dont get AF) and try 100mg clomid. No side effects like last time which has me baffled lol

AF came on thursday night (I spent Thursday day in the pool, Melbourne was so damn hot!!) and has now left the building! So im guessing im in the 2WW period.