Thread: Cycle after a Chemical Pregnancy/Early Miscarriage

Question Cycle after a Chemical Pregnancy/Early Miscarriage

As the title says - how was your cycle following a chem or early MC? Normal O or later?

Just trying to be prepared to try again ...sigh... why is it never easy!

I had a miscarriage (just under 7 weeks), my cycle returned to normal pretty much straight away. 3 months later I fell pg again and lost that bub at 8 weeks.

Chem pg was just like a late af but I didn't get pg again for another 9 months

My mc at 7 weeks was just like a heavy period that was perhaps 2 days longer than normal.

I physically felt fine afterwards, emotionally took a bit longer to recover. While we were not trying, we didn't actively prevent it and we fell pregnant straight away afterwards without having another period.

I o'ed 2 weeks to the day afterwards, though previously my cycle had been haywire due to the PCOS.

My chems (less than 6wks) have been pretty much like an AF, sometimes the "texture" of the discharge is a little different.

Sometimes my cycles are back to normal straight away sometimes they are longer and have even been short, but my body has no idea what it's doing most of the time.

Thinking of you.

Hello again Amaunet. :Hug:

I'm interested in responses too but since this has recently happened to me too, I wanted to offer what I've noticed thus far in case it's helpful to you- I'm CD 18 now. My period, as I mentioned in your other thread, came two days late. Normally I bleed for 4 days exactly, maybe a some spotting for half a day extra. This time I bled for 7 days, the first two and a half of which were definitely heavier but nothing too full on. Regarding ovulation things seem to be different but I've no hard evidence because I don't temp. I usually O CD 16 but this month I'm almost certain I either ovulated earlier or not at all because my fertile CM and other signs have been all over the place and the OPKs I ordered didn't arrive until cd 15 and I've only had negative OPKs since- last month I had positive opk late the morning of CD 15.

Bleeding started on time for AF, lasted about 10 days (normally 5-7days and was very different), ovulated slightly late, AF arrived on CD28 as normal.

hun. Im so sorry for your loss.

Double

After a 5w3d mc I had an extended af and an O that was a few days late. After each of my chems (I've had 3) my body was pretty much back to normal straight away, bit of a heavier bleed and that was it. I got utd the cycle straight after one of my chems, and I've been utd the 2nd cycle after a couple of the others. Good luck!

Default Trying after miscarriage

Hi

I am sorry for your losses.

I suffered a miscarriage at 10 weeks (baby stopped growing at 8 weeks).

My first period came 30 days following the miscarriage and was heavier than usual. My last period was heavy the first day and a half only.

My problem is that I am having trouble predicting ovulation, last month I got all negatives, this month, we will see though I am beginning to think I am now ovulating earlier than before?

Good luck to you all!

With the cp in 2011 my cycle returned to normal right away. This time I am hoping I get pregnant I just ovulated yesterday.