Thread: cycle returning after a D&C

Default cycle returning after a D&C

Hi
    I was wondering if anyone can tell me roughly when there cycle returned after having a D&C? I had one 2.5 weeks ago after losing our bub at 9 weeks and just not sure whether its from the time of the procedure? Or when the spotting stops after? I had some pain and cramping last night so I'm thinking this may be ovulation. We r keen to try again but have been told to have one period first. So just wondering what others experienced?
    Last edited by Bluewrenee; October 21st, 2012 at 02:18 PM.

Hi hun, I'm sorry for your recent loss My AF arrived 5.5 weeks after my d&c and I was told to wait out that period and to try again if I wanted on the next one. GL with everything x

I also had a D&C after a loss at around 9 weeks, though only found out at 12 weeks.
    After the D&C I waited for my first AF which arrived about 30 days after the procedure and it was quite heavy and a bit painful.

I did get pregnant after my first AF and am now 17 weeks. I would recommend waiting the one cycle as for me it felt as though it was a way for my body to clean things out naturally and build up a bit of a lining for bubs to implant.

I hope you get your BFP very soon Hun xxx

Thanks Girls, I thought it might be a painful one hopefully it won't be too far away we had booked a holiday before the M/C and have decided still to go so hopefully AF will come before than!
    And yes we plan to wait until the first AF is over to TTC
    And Deedles congratulations I hope all goes well for you

AF showed up 5 weeks after the d&c for me. Sorry to hear of your loss.

*edit*
    My d&c was at 11wks, with bub measuring 8wks.
    Last edited by juniper76; October 22nd, 2012 at 11:24 AM.

Once again, I'm sorry for your loss. My AF came after 41 days, with 11 weeks D&C (bubs only measuring 9 weeks). Hopefully it will come soon for you and you can start TTC'ing again.

Big hugs, so sorry to hear. xx

Had a D&C at 13 weeks, bubs had passed the week before, got AF exactly 28 days after D&C, probably the only 28 day cycle i had!

Ps. came back in to remove ticker, sorry!
    Last edited by Sparkles; October 22nd, 2012 at 10:08 AM. Reason: ticker removal

Hi girls,

So sorry to hear about all your losses. Sometimes pregnancy just isn't what its all cracked up to be! Bluewrennie, just wondering if you have had any luck with your AF? I just recently had a D and C too at 9 weeks (baby was 7.5 weeks) and not sure how long for period to regulate again. I also had a natural miscarriage at 11 weeks in July and my AF took 2 months to come back after that. I never really had regular periods so I'm not expecting much and need a break from the whole ttc thing anyways. But just saw your post and thought I'd see how your getting on?!

Fingers crossed we are all back on track soon! x

Hi hhp :-)
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss too , life is unfair isn't it AF arrived for me 6 weeks after my D&C about 33 days once i finished spotting as i spotted on and off for 2 weeks. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be which I was thankful for as we were on holidays and camping of all things but really hit me as a reminder if what we lost I still automatically count how many weeks I would be each week
    How long ago was your D&C? Xo

Thanks for replying bluewrennie...really appreciate it!! I hope you are feeling better and coping ok?! And good luck with ttc again...do you think you will wait a while or jump right back in? It's a tough choice but just do what feels right... After my first miscarriage in July I got pregnant again without even knowing or trying on my first cycle so that was pretty quick...sadly it ended in the d and c but my hormones are so out of whack I'm not surprised. My D and C was on the 12th Nov...so its been about 2 and a half weeks so not expecting anything too quickly. I spotted lightly for about 7 days and feel good now so hoping I'll return to normal sometime soon?! Great idea to get away and have some down time....was this your first pregnancy? X

Oh hhp 2 in a row must of been so hard for you and would definitely mess with your hormones! But after the 2week mark you definitely start feeling better each day is easier

We are back to ttc again I feel nervous that will happen again but trying to think positively and relax about it and not stress myself with issues in my head of I need to lose weight or do this or that lol

This was my 3rd pregnancy, 1st was a m/c/chem at 5 weeks, 2nd is my now almost 3yr old gorgeous boy and recent one ended at 9weeks
    Do you have any other children? Xo

I know...I get what your saying....so easy to get wrapped up in it all and get worried/anxious but at the end of the day...there's no point stressing because it isn't going to change anything!!! so good to hear you already have a little boy!! and I'm sure soon he will have a little brother/sister!!! Good idea waiting a cycle...that is what we are aiming to do...and don't beat yourself up about things you should/shouldn't do!!!! No...I don't have any other children...these were my first 2 pregnancies so I can't say I am all that excited about seeing a pink line again...I don't really want to go through it all for a 3rd time....kind of ilke you...but...I'm sure it will all work out in the end! Are you using OPK's or anything to test for ovulation?

Yes I'm thankful for my little boy he'll be 3 next month gone so fast I'm using an ovulation kit this is the first time I've used one so FX I hope we both get a BFP soon and they continue to be healthy bundles x